Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my 15 STI brand new in 2014

Did a Stage 3 + FF Power Package on this STI

Always wanted an EVO MR so in Dec. of 2016 put the STI back to stock and traded it in for an 15 EVO MR.

Found a great deal on a 3.5 ETS intercooler, didn't care for the white stencil, so I sent the intercooler off to get anodized all black for a cleaner look.

Installed Buschur Racing Cross Flow Exhaust and Carbon Fiber Exhaust Shields

Installed Recaro's

Installed OEM Side Markers, OEM GSR Hood Vents and freshly powdercoated Rims

Installed an Alpine Reverse Camera in the Non-Navi Headunit

Installed ETS 3.5 Front Mount and ETS Upper and Lower piping.

Up to speed how she currently looks, I've had this car for 5 months now and this is the longest duration of not tinting my windows on any of my vehicles.

·
Registered
135 Posts
wow... that was one clean STi! But you did the right thing coming to our side hahaha. ive had too many friends have standard Subaru issues and switch over to evo and never been happier with their decision. Clean build so far and some sweet seats!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have that non-navi unit as well. Did you buy a harness adapter for the reverse camera?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind words gentleman. I would like keep this car clean, to me less is more.

I have that non-navi unit as well. Did you buy a harness adapter for the reverse camera?
I was able to successfully install a aftermarket reverse camera to my non navi oem head unit utilizing this harness:
Axxess AX-MITSUCAM-6V Mitsubishi Backup Camera Retain/Add-On 14-up
https://www.amazon.com/Axxess-AX-MITSUCAM-6V-Mitsubishi-Backup-Camera/dp/B01MQH96KP

Installed LED DRL Bulbs from super bright leds, they were literally plug and play (no need for repining etc.)
1156 LED Bulb - 27 SMD LED Tower - BA15S Retrofit
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/daytime-running-light-bulb/1156-led-bulb-27-smd-led-tower-ba15s-retrofit/2622/

I won a Cobb SF Intake + Airbox giveaway on the other Evo X Forum. Also installed Cobb 3 Port Boost Control Solenoid, Cobb Turbo Inlet, Cobb Downpipe, and Cobb Catted Test Pipe.

Picked up a Set of H&R springs on GSR Struts that I couldn't pass up, haven't decided if I'm going to install them anytime soon.

Also have AEM e85 fuel pump and ETS intake, just need to piece some more parts before I can get a protune with 5150 or RRE.

For the meantime I going to run a RRE Rick Barcena etune for my Cobb Stage 3 parts currently installed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually had issues with the Russel Quick connect fittings and I didn't want to bend my fin/lip on the stock hard line to fully seat the quick connect.

Example:

So I upgraded to Radium SAE Quick Connect male fittings ultra-low profile.

20-0290 5/16in SAE Female to 6AN Male, Low Profile

Thanks to @Cyp for confirming you don't have to bend the fin/lip on the the stock hard line.

Final product all Radium pieces now except for Russel Fuel Filter.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Installed Door Striker and Hinge Covers.

Vinyl Wrapped Mitsubishi Emblem in Satin Black.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Installed Bimmian Stealth Turn Signal Bulbs Ultimate Concealment, no more egg-yolk turn signals.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 69 Posts