Where is my engine coding?Just a note on this, if you want to use a GSR ecu on a MR or a MR ecu on GSR, you have to copy one thing that's called engine coding. This coding tells that your car is manual or automatic, 4WD or 2WD...
Here are the spteps to do this:
On the MUT-III:
Save to file
Install the new ecu.
Write the VIN into the new ecu.
On the MUT-III:
On vehicule Coding
Enter Your VIN
Select the file
Clic on Check icon
I am reviving this thread just in case anyone needs to know, you CAN use a GSR ECU in a MR and vice versa.
You just need to bench the rom on to the ECU had have it VIN coded after you bench the ECU.
Follow these steps to program the new VIN
1. Launch MUT3 program.
2. Select "System select".
3. Enter type/year of vehicle under vehicle selection.
4. Connect computer to VCI and to vehicle (blue cable), switch vehicle ignition on.
5. Select KOS/IMMO/Keyless; a new options list will appear.
6. Checked the appropriate options set "VF3 - IMMOBI & Keyless & TPMS".
7. Click Check mark icon on green toolbar at the bottom right
8. Select "Special function".
9. Choose "ENG Key Code &Chassis No/VIN Reg"
10. Click Check mark icon on green toolbar at the bottom right
11. Enter the chassis VIN you want to program the ECU to
12. Click Check mark icon on green toolbar at the bottom right
Did you read my how to? It will answer all you questions:Did all steps... Still cant flash. ECU flash says there are differences in "areas" and can flash...
It does however tell me my 2010 vin...
Did you read my how to? It will answer all you questions:
If you are not able to flash your rom in the car, you must remove your ecu and do a bench flash. If you are not able to bench flash the evo x rom, you have to use an older EcuFlash version. The best Version to bench flash is Version 1.43. The newer version will only flash roms with the same first 4 digits. For example: If your car original rom ID is: 54410003, it will only flash rom IDs that's start with 5441... With the 1.43 Version, you can flash any rom into any ecu. Remember, when you do a bench flash, you must do it in recovery mode first and then flash it in normal mode.
I feel really dumb...Where do Isave this? I dont have a "flashing" folder inn my ecu flash folder...It may be related to ECU Flash protected areas
Open a text editor, copy below information, save, change file extension from .txt to .reg double click to merge into registry.
"protect low memory areas"="false"
If this works, credit goes to UT_EvoX