Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to luxurize the inside of my car a little bit, mostly because I have too much time to spare. So I got my screwdriver and started removing things. Here's a list of things removed and what I'm planning to do with them:

Oh shit handles: paint black
Headliner (basically almost out, few things here and there)- black suede
Pillars- black suede (passenger a pillar already done)
Gloss black trim- suggestions? I'm thinking about wrapping it matte finished blood red
Shift knob bezel and the bezel around the awc button- whatever I do to the gloss black trim will be done to this as well

Pics of where it is at as of now (at least before taking out the gloss trim on the passenger door).

Yes the decals will be removed

Suggestions? Revisions?

Before pic:

·
Registered
82 Posts
remove the entire dash, fiberglass mold a triple gauge pod in the center angled towards the driver and have the whole thing professionally upholstered in soft touch leather from top to bottom, then do the same with each door panel and get the leather recaros if you dont hhave the leather package

·
Registered
82 Posts
mold a pod for your radar detector into the top of the dash also and hardwire it...

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
remove the entire dash, fiberglass mold a triple gauge pod in the center angled towards the driver and have the whole thing professionally upholstered in soft touch leather from top to bottom, then do the same with each door panel and get the leather recaros if you dont hhave the leather package
Already have a triple pod for the pillar, going with a single on the steering column instead. As for cloth the dash may be wrapped. Another thing, I'll also wrap the steering wheel silver bezel in whatever color the center trim is done

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took everything out of the headliner, suede wrap will be done next weekend (hopefully)

Going with red trim

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taking everything slow. The red vinyl should be at home sometime this upcoming week. Removed some more stuff today:

Thinking about moving that obd2 extension to the glove box, but the one I got is short and won't reach there.

How is the bezel (silver) removed from the steering wheel?

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Headliner is now out of the car, suede arrives on monday but I will be at school :(

·
aka EvoBabe
284 Posts
Does that gloss trim just pop out and pop back in? I've been thinking about wrapping it or dipping it pink.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
aka EvoBabe
284 Posts

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
what brand of vinyl did u use? i tried to wrap mine but im having a hard time with corners/edge, did u use heat gun for the corners?

·
Registered
351 Posts
what brand of vinyl did u use? i tried to wrap mine but im having a hard time with corners/edge, did u use heat gun for the corners?
heat and stretch around, vinyl is pliable

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used 3M vinyl. I did not think about heating it, I just cut a bit extra and stretch that around.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Going to look fresh when your done

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks man, I really hope. I can't seem to get it right with the 3M, in a way on which it won't leave bubbles under. I tried popping the bubbles but that doesn't do much. Got the center trim done today and installed:

Picture of the headliner (or more like lack of)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks good !

·
Registered
929 Posts
A heat gun will help get the bubbles out. Just take your time and move slowly. It can be tedious but the results will be worth it.

Looking good!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I've always wished the plastics and headliner came black from the factory. It's gonna look really nice.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Looks good !
A heat gun will help get the bubbles out. Just take your time and move slowly. It can be tedious but the results will be worth it.

Looking good!
I've always wished the plastics and headliner came black from the factory. It's gonna look really nice.
Thanks everyone.

@Sev me too. If you want I can do yours too after I'm done with mine

@Kyle got a few more bubbles out, it's not perfect but I'll get it fixed up eventually. Here's a look at where it's at right now:

Sure as hell feels nice to be working at home and not in a parking lot

Happy Easter everyone

Edit: added the last coat of clear coat

1 - 20 of 97 Posts