Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
:)
'The Impreza looks like it's been hosed down with a massive and sustained burst of fire from the ugly gun'

·
Registered
51 Posts
The STi is a great car, but jeremy nailed it on the head with his comments regarding its looks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is one of the many reasons why I trust and have faith in Top Gear. They are not scared to tell you about whats going on. Unlike the american shows that go by how much money the car company slips under the table to them to get a great review.

·
Registered
567 Posts
He hits the nail on the head right there. The old impeza body style was much nicer IMO. No beauty queen but nice. I've owned 4 of them and like the look...especially wingless. 3 of mine had no wing. The STi had the wing and I didn't like it. It made the car look overdone.

The new Impreza styling is just downright hideous period. WTH were they thinking? It's one of those designs you will never get used to.

I took my X to my local Subie dealer last week and all sales guys just stared at it. They loved it...off the record of course. I pulled the hood and their eyes lit up. I made one of them sit in the Recaros...he asked if they were an option. I said no. They liked the looks and everything about it

·
Registered
565 Posts
I think a lot of the hatchbacks design came with to much favor to its Rally heritage....I know what you're saying its a Subaru WRX STi it should have tons a rally heritage....but this car was built from the ground up by peter solberg....too much of its design is really catered more to performance then style....I think they could have done better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.