Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i'm in gear, slowing down at about 20mph and below, a sorta of ticking/ clicking sound is heard, its a pretty constant sound as well, it does't skip. My assumption would be something from the rear diff. Any input? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
When i'm in gear, slowing down at about 20mph and below, a sorta of ticking/ clicking sound is heard, its a pretty constant sound as well, it does't skip. My assumption would be something from the rear diff. Any input? Thanks
Did you end up finding out what it was?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have that same problem currently

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mines a lancer with the same noise
I started a discussion and got this response
Check for any suspension components being loose ,
check your bushings on your control arms
If all is okay then it’s possible that your wheel bearing would need replacement
Check axles to see if you have leaky boots .
ive heard if you touched your clutch / awd system recently you might have to bleed the ayc in the front and rear .

·
Registered
5 Posts
I started a discussion and got this response
Check for any suspension components being loose ,
check your bushings on your control arms
If all is okay then it’s possible that your wheel bearing would need replacement
Check axles to see if you have leaky boots .
ive heard if you touched your clutch / awd system recently you might have to bleed the ayc in the front and rear .
I noticed I could locate the sound coming from the transmission

1 - 11 of 11 Posts