Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kris has been working on my car recently to get it tuned. Figured I would write a little review now that the work is done.

I started out with the Cobb stage 2 OTS map with my intake, catback, and test pipe. I was getting a good amount of knock over 7k rpm. I then added an intercooler and UICP, and my knock increased a bit more. I made the decision to get a custom tune. After looking around, it was either AMS or Clipse3GT. I went with Kris after reading a ton of great reviews on here, and I'm glad I did.

I also made the decision to switch to E85 since it is plentiful in my area. I added FIC1100 injectors and a Walbro 255 and let Kris do his thing.

The 91 octane tune feels great. Kris left a little power of out of the tune, leaving a more conservative tune. My 91 octane tune is more of a "oh crap there is no E85 here" tune, which I don't plan on running if I don't have to.

We then switched to E85. First startup on E85 and probably some 91 octane left in the tank fired right up and the AFR's were looking good. He did some tweaking to the tune and then started the WOT tuning.

The E85 tune is a blast to drive. Car pulls really strong in the mid range and continues to pull to the red line. Very smooth power. I noticed with my OTS maps I used before, the power wasn't very smooth in the higher RPM, over 5500. Car feels totally different now. I love the way this thing drives now.

I would recommend Kris to anyone looking to get their car running great. If you have some corn gas in your region, get some injectors, a fuel pump, and email Kris!

I attached my dyno charts Kris sent me after the tuning was complete. Very nice gains over the 91 octane tune, which felt much stronger than the OTS 91 octane tune I was using previously.

Enjoy! I know I am! :dancebanana:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might have been an older log. It was running 24-25psi on 91 octane before the switch.

And thanks, E85 is awesome! The smell, the exhaust note change, it is all good!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I have about the same amount of torque for a year now and it's still holding up just fine. If Kris felt it was a danger he would tune it down. Enjoy the new found powa

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
love hearing more n more good news on clipse... I will also be getting tuned by him once i get licp and fmic

did you do the tephra mod yourself?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Glad to hear another satisfied customer for Kris. May have to drive out for a road tune some day...but only if he teaches me some of his tuning secrets :)

Nice spool by the way - that is good for 3rd gear. Is that just due to E85 and being able to run higher timing and lean it out more, or is there something else I am missing.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Kris is currently tuning my setup as well. Great guy who knows his shit. Were still tuning the 91 map before the switch to 94. I hope to have smooth curves like that. Nice numbers man! Wish I had E85 here :(

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have about the same amount of torque for a year now and it's still holding up just fine. If Kris felt it was a danger he would tune it down. Enjoy the new found powa
:+1: He feels this is still safe. I think the 400 lb-ft rule applies more-so to when you are running a bigger turbo.

love hearing more n more good news on clipse... I will also be getting tuned by him once i get licp and fmic

did you do the tephra mod yourself?
Do eet! Not sure what you mean by tephra mod, but this was all done using my Cobb AP and ATR.

Glad to hear another satisfied customer for Kris. May have to drive out for a road tune some day...but only if he teaches me some of his tuning secrets :)

Nice spool by the way - that is good for 3rd gear. Is that just due to E85 and being able to run higher timing and lean it out more, or is there something else I am missing.
I think the E85 helps with the spool; more fuel, more exhaust, faster spool is what makes sense to me. I'm sure he has some secrets up his sleeve too to make it spool nice.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
he did a good job of keeping the hp up in the high rpms

thats a shit ton of torque. make sure you downshift if you have to accelerate in 5th gear
Yeah loads of torque. Mid range pulls HARD.
I usually keep the revs high. The car likes it there!

looking good. I can't wait to start my Clipse tuning process on my X Swapped Ralliart.
He will work his magic on it :)

Kris is currently tuning my setup as well. Great guy who knows his shit. Were still tuning the 91 map before the switch to 94. I hope to have smooth curves like that. Nice numbers man! Wish I had E85 here :(
Nice. I got pretty excited when he said the 91 octane tune was done haha. Time for more POWA! I'm sure the 94 octane will give some pretty good numbers!

·
aka MitsuEvoX
1,000 Posts
Thats pretty sick. Cant wait to go E-85

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Any questions feel free to PM me.

The car definitely made fantastic power on E85. Great midrange is where this turbo shines at.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts