Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so heres the deal.

idont have enough money to buy an evo, but i can however buy a lancer

so i jsut wanted to see what you guys thought about cloning a lancer to an evo. the exterior only.

i tried to do a search to see if anyone else talked about this, but no luck.

i have also tried to to find evo X body kits or oem bumpers, but i cant find any.

any good sites or anything?

and the big question. would the lancer reuire a lot of modifications to fit the evo bumpers and hood?

thanks a lot everyone

·
Registered
650 Posts
if you can't afford an evo, then don't pose as one. Save the cash, you would literally waste on body parts! Put your money into a CD or an IRA , this is just an investment you will never everrrr get back. might as well burn your cash.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that wasn't really what i was asking. i want the looks of it but not the performance.

and cars are a waste of money anyway, so why not waste money on something that i would like?

so you have anything to say on my original post?

·
Registered
58 Posts
why would you want to pose like that? Thats like driving a bmw 328i and posing as an m3. Yeah people think you look cool, and you'll probably get props just driving around like that, but your not being true to yourself. When time comes for someone to show how fast your car really is you'll just end up looking like a douche. Its like some kid all bragging about how strong he is, than when he gets into a fight, he gets his ass kicked like a big pussy, and everyone just ends up laughing at him. You don't want to be that kid do you?

Cars are not all about looks, and if you are buying a car to showoff, than you'll only be showing off to people that you don't even know. Because if people do know you, they probably will know you are a faker. So maybe you can fool some random schmucks out there, and some young teenagers might think you're mad tight, but i mean come on. Keep it real, don't be like the millions of douchebags that listen to young joc and think they are playas when they bump that fake hip hop around town. If you get my drift...

·
Registered
104 Posts
EVE-FAUX

It's going to cost a lot to get all the Bling to make your Fake Car...

Think about it.. Rims, Body panels.. You will only fool yourself into thinking it's cool...

Dude, you might as well just stop posting here if your going to continue with this stupid idea.

What answer are you expecting... "Awesome Idea man"

This is an EvoX enthusiast forum, not too many people are going to be receptive to you making a sheep in wolfs clothing..

Have you tried asking on the Lancer Forum, They might be more interested...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ditto to what the others said. When I had my STI, I hated seeing 2.5L impreza RS's running with STI armor on. Then they wave to me, in hopes to get some respect. I would usually respond by shaking my head in shame.:wtfsign: Then again it could be worse. You could be like those neon owners who buy the upgraded srt package. the one that transforms your neon into the looks of an srt-4. Now thats just sad.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I did this once to a V6 firebird a long long time ago. I put all the Trans Am stuff on it. It looked really nice, but is was slow as a turtle. Most of the time unless the car was parked i felt like an ass for doing it. I'm not saying your car wont look better, but you will have a real empty feeling. You will always be wanting a real EVO, I promise. Your better off saving the money to get what you really want or you will never be happy. Plus the time and money to transform your car into an EVO you could probably save up enough to put down on an EVO that would make your payments about the same. Plus every body panel on the EVO is different from the Lancer, so everyone will know its not an EVO.

·
Registered
158 Posts
IMO you should get the ralliart and it would still be cheaper than making the lancer look like the evo. But expect no sympathy from people if you go the poser rout, instead of looking cool--"wow that guys cool/hot he's got an evo X"--your gona look like an idiot---"what a f*ckin idiot, he speant all that money on a lancer to look like the evo and could have gotten the ralliart for less"

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
I have seen it successfully done on a X, as well as on other cars, but have always laughed & mocked the person. Please don't be another person for me to mock. Ralliart, like Jackygor said is an awesome alternative, one which people will not mock!

·
Registered
566 Posts
so heres the deal.

idont have enough money to buy an evo, but i can however buy a lancer

so i jsut wanted to see what you guys thought about cloning a lancer to an evo. the exterior only.

i tried to do a search to see if anyone else talked about this, but no luck.

i have also tried to to find evo X body kits or oem bumpers, but i cant find any.

any good sites or anything?

and the big question. would the lancer reuire a lot of modifications to fit the evo bumpers and hood?

thanks a lot everyone

My advice save the money you would spend converting the lancer to look like an evo then when the time comes buy an evo with that saved cash

The Lancer and Evo share similiar name and thats about it....the evo is wider and shorter in length and height. This will result in extensive visual modifying or a really cheap looking job.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yeah you don't want to pose like that. Take a close look at that FAKE Evo X above..now isn't that the most ridiculous thing you have ever seen? That's like fake boobs. They look good from a distance but don't perform. I say save up and go for the Ralliart if you can wait

·
Registered
127 Posts
Please dont do this. Because when someone sees you flooring your car on some hwy and how slow it is, it lowers the value of my car. I'm not trying to sound like a DlCK but anyone you talk to about this is probably going to shoot you down unless they're making money on your. If you cant squeeze an evo X then get an RA or wait til you can get a used X.

I cant afford a C6 Z06 right now. But I want one real bad. Do you see me buying a regular vette and putting Z06 body parts on it? I did almost buy an 08 vette but I would have never tried to pose as a Z06. I will get a Z06 one day though and I'm happier to wait til I can afford it.

You could always just get another job or even a 2nd job to squeeze it. Good luck man!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was thinking about cloning the exterior my self.
But I would never have end up with a satisfying result, ever!
Driving around in a bad-ass exterior with bad performance is just not like it.

I felt in love with the Evolution X at first sight, not the Lancer 08.
I will try my best to afford one or forget the whole dream. =]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i didn't expect people to get so mad.....

its not even that big of a deal. none of you have ever heard of cloning a satellite to a gtx or road runner? or cloning a charger to a daytona?

i would never say it was an evo, i just like the way an evo looks but dont want to spend 33K on a car. i would rather spend that money on my other cars. you can get a lancer es for 16k

i cant understand for the life of me why you guys got so offended. its just a car. its not like im saying evos suck or anything. they are nice. i would want my lancer to look like it. but i dont want the bad mpg, the high insurance, and 33K+ price tag.

·
Registered
104 Posts
EVE-FAUX

It's going to cost a lot to get all the Bling to make your Fake Car...

Think about it.. Rims, Body panels.. You will only fool yourself into thinking it's cool...

Dude, you might as well just stop posting here if your going to continue with this stupid idea.

What answer are you expecting... "Awesome Idea man"

This is an EvoX enthusiast forum, not too many people are going to be receptive to you making a sheep in wolfs clothing..

Have you tried asking on the Lancer Forum, They might be more interested...
just for the record this wasnt my post it was a buddy of mine fuckin around on my PC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry kylem4711, I'm not mad. I'm close you in this situation.
I love the X but can't really afford it right now, or in the nearest future.

I'm no big fan of fake styling, I think the styling should weight up the performance of the car, its just that.
As you can see no one here really support your idea, but as long you feel great about it, you maybe should do it. But it may cost more than it is worth, and people around will never think about it as a real deal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry kylem4711, I'm not mad. I'm close you in this situation.
I love the X but can't really afford it right now, or in the nearest future.

I'm no big fan of fake styling, I think the styling should weight up the performance of the car, its just that.
As you can see no one here really support your idea, but as long you feel great about it, you maybe should do it. But it may cost more than it is worth, and people around will never think about it as a real deal.

it wont be the "real deal" and i wont try to pass it off as one. i just like the way it looks.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.