Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloning a Lancer to an Evo X

16K views 168 replies 43 participants last post by  _Chris_ 
I have seen it successfully done on a X, as well as on other cars, but have always laughed & mocked the person. Please don't be another person for me to mock. Ralliart, like Jackygor said is an awesome alternative, one which people will not mock!

hey kylem4711, I don't really have a problem w/body kits in the sense of adding a little touch to the car (maybe something done to the grille, etc), but something subtle. I personally don't like it when a person completely alters the look of the car to look like another car or to not resemble the original car whatsoever. It's a matter of personal taste. I believe a car is meant to look like how it was designed & if someone alters that, it's almost like that person is trying to deny what the car is. This is again, my personal distaste w/body kits.

Why not just add the spoiler & make the grille look different (paint it or something). You will get a lot less hate that way.

^ not to mention if something falls apart because of a crappy install, your warranty won't cover it, so you'll get stuck having to pay for a replacement on your own. Also all of the paint work involved (which alone could cost upwards of $3,000).

^ i think a major factor in the price you will have to pay will depend on whether or not you will be doing the installs yourself. body kit installs can cost about as much as the body kit.

i asked a question, what do you think?

and im pretty sure if i just add the front bumper people will think its an evo.

i would be doing it to make the car nice, bc i like he way the evo x looks but i dont want the performance.
The question sounded rhetorical.

This kit doesn't bother me as much as the other option you posted. It still looks like a lancer, but isn't a full blown X imitation. If you did the bumper from this kit, I wouldn't think that people would believe it was an Evo, or at least I hope they wouldn't.
\/
http://www.bodykits.com/249/261/897...-GT-S-Complete-Body-Kit--5-Piece-p-76186.html

If you got that kit I mentioned... you wouldn't even need to do anything to the grille but paint it. It doesn't look like much else is done to the front (except the emblem color). The side skirts are def more aggressive, but not EVOimitation-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.