Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of my Co-workers owns a bunch of land in the country and has a half mile of asphalt that he uses to play around in his 2011 Gallardo. He invited me to come play around and try our cars out this summer.

Now.. I have a stock MR and I am going to assume that putting an exhaust system, CAI and a tune is not going to help me much against a Lambo.

Is this a recipe for embarrassment or what do you think I will need to compete with his car? I have seen lots of youtube videos of our GSR's taking on Lambo's but I assume they are highly modded.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
845 Posts
So one of my Co-workers owns a bunch of land in the country and has a half mile of asphalt that he uses to play around in his 2011 Gallardo. He invited me to come play around and try our cars out this summer.

Now.. I have a stock MR and I am going to assume that putting an exhaust system, CAI and a tune is not going to help me much against a Lambo.

Is this a recipe for embarrassment or what do you think I will need to compete with his car? I have seen lots of youtube videos of our GSR's taking on Lambo's but I assume they are highly modded.

Thanks guys.
where is this said road and are we invited? :p

·
Registered
845 Posts
look at his engine and pull on some lines and hoses when he's not paying attention :jk:
Bleach in the engine. Learned that from CSI Miami ;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Bring some pylons to go around, that might even the playing field a little lol

Don't worry to much just have some fun and see if you can keep up. I would be excited just to try my best to hang with it.

Then again I'd prob order as many parts as possible before lol

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
them galardos are really quick cars man.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Intake, Turbo back exhaust, and tune are your best bang for the buck power adders. Then, I'd say look into a turbo inlet, intercooler pipes, and a bigger intercooler. All can be had for under $3K and will put you far ahead of where you are now. But, make sure the tune is the last thing you do.

·
Premium Member
5,287 Posts
you're faked. Just enjoy it man, don't take it too hard when you lose. Those cars are beautiful!!

I remember when I had my Sti, I had a buddy with a gallardo (older version) and he bet me 100$ that he could beat me in the 1/4 mile. He had no idea what was done to my car, but he said there was no way my 4cly could keep up with him. I won 100$ that day lol. We even did best out of 5. Won 3 in a row hahaha.

·
Registered
110 Posts
just import in a FQ400 you'll b fine then... ha!!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just to brake the bubble of some guys here, the gallardo
handles better than then evo... yea face it. Drove one 3 weeks
ago at Vegas speedway and there is no comparison. and I mean no comparison. You are fucked lol Just enjoy driving it like others said

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
just import in a FQ400 you'll b fine then... ha!!!

The FQ 400 is not that great. Quit putting the pussy on a pedestal.

Hell, if a FQ 400 can beat a Lambo then my bolt-on X would absolutely demolish one.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Intake, Turbo back exhaust, and tune are your best bang for the buck power adders. Then, I'd say look into a turbo inlet, intercooler pipes, and a bigger intercooler. All can be had for under $3K and will put you far ahead of where you are now. But, make sure the tune is the last thing you do.
Turbo back Exhaust.. interesting :).

This is all for fun, not taking it too serious.. just don't want to get creamed on too badly.

where is this said road and are we invited? :p
Hmmm! Il ask him if I can bring some friends :).

·
Registered
509 Posts
The Gallardo is definitely a beautiful car. You're gonna get spanked even with mild mods & a good tune. Furthermore, even if you did manage to beat him by shedding weight + manage to come up with lots of money for major performance upgrades... in the end, the guy with the Gallardo is going to get the girls & all the attention.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.