Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried searching but i couldnt find any topics. Anyways....

When i bought m car, it was the only WW in the lot with exactly the right stuff i wanted meaning i didnt want the any other "accessories" added on to make the payments more. Except the one i got came with the "chrome" package and the salesman told me they'll just throw it in for free and besides the chrome mirrors reminded me of my S4, so thats the way i bought it.

I eventually got over the chrome and plasti-dipped it black. Now i want to paint it WW.

Has anyone here ever found an off the shelf spray paint thats closest to OEM color???

I know i could just take it to a shop and get it painted but times are tough and the holidays kicked my ass financially.

thanks for your help:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
You can order I think Dupli-Color or something similar in a color matched spray paint. Or you can get a color matched paint from a body shop and have it put in an aerosol can.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The aerosol can is a good idea. I have had it done for my wife's old car (lightening yellow oz lancer) and for my old car (titanium pearl). Both times the colour match was very good and the aerosol made painting very easy. I colour matched my wife's headlights and had to touch up the WW lip on the eclipse. Both came out nice .

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Jeff...Jeff...Jeff-Jeff-Jeff. You cut enough corners and your shit is gonna look like that 4th owner 99 Honda Accord in a few years. Please, do it right, or not at all.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
because its still chrome under neath and i want to get it painted

·
Registered
455 Posts
i say spray paint them ORANGE!!!

·
Registered
888 Posts
if you google it there are spray paints you can order that are the exact color code you need

1 - 10 of 10 Posts