Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, looking for feedback from the Evo X MR Power Junkies that have close to, or just over 400whp on their car. What this thread is trying to provide is personal experiences that occurred with different setups that were successful in accomplishing 400whp and maintaining power on stock clutches for an extended period of time. Please provide the following:

1. Modifications
2. Tuner if possible
3. Dyno sheet if it is possible
4. Positive experience
5. Drawbacks
6. Miles driven on the 400whp + setup.

This will help a lot of MR owners to get in the right direction in accomplishing the quest for 400whp on their car. Please respect everyone's experience that is posted.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Great idea, but the problem with placing a concrete number like 400whp is that 400whp on one dyno can be drastically higher or lower on another dyno. I can guarantee you I won't get 400whp with my bbx-lite setup on GST's dyno, but others have gotten 400whp with the same setup on a different dyno. I'm not sure, but I might get 400whp using a virtual dyno. However, I have no idea how to do that.

Why not any MR with an upgraded turbo?

·
Just Spooling Up
304 Posts
400hp is my goal, i want to avoid doing the clutch packs for awhile after, I don't mind keeping the torque down.. anyone have the GT3071R on their MR?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I have put down 360whp/360wtq for a while, no issue with stock clutches.

My next build should put me well over 400whp ;)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
FP Red Turbo, 272 Cams, all the basic bolt ons on HB Speed's old dyno it put down 416hp 362tq 24psi on e-85 and stock clutches. Been waiting over 3 months now for my AMS TMP cams to arrive as well as Cobb's dyno to be up and running so I can take my new goodies in (1300cc injectors, ETS Shortrunner mani, Cobb XLE BPV, ETS Intercooler) and go get retuned and see what it puts down.

I'm going to do a baseline run before any parts get removed and see what it puts down primarily to see what kind of a difference the TMP cams will make versus my BC 272's. It's a couple of hundred wasted dollars but I figure it'll be good for the community in making decisions when it comes to cams. I haven't had any issues with my current cams at all but oh well. It's only money =)

Jon is my tuner but I never got a dyno sheet posted on the forums. He had just printed it out for me and I happened to lose it.

I haven't really had any negative experience except for one and my car stalled once on a cold start but since then I have talked to Jon and he's fully aware of the fix for that on e-85 so I'm 100% confident in him that I won't experience that again.

I've been on this setup since I had about 1500 miles on the car and now I'm a little over 11000. It's been about 13 months. No slipping of clutches or any of that. I'm hoping to get around at least 40-50hp more than my current setup once we're done dialing her in. This time I'll make sure to update my thread from long ago with an actual dyno sheet (current baseline, another run after cams swap, and another one after its all said n done). HOPEFULLY the guys at Cobb will be able to get it all done in a day though. Otherwise, I'll probably have to cut out the middle dyno run out.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
A buddy of mine has full AMS boltons and a GReddy exhaust with 1300 cc injectors on his MR tuned for E85 and he's trying to get me to put on a DP and FP Red (I don't really want to) and I think he's getting bigger cams (not sure yet) and he doesn't want to do the clutch pack. He's debating it really. Car is tuned by Golden and will be retuned with the future mods by Golden.

I'll have to remember to post up the issues we run into, if any. He's currently having a battle with himself on whether or not he'll drive to SSP in Houston to get the pack installed.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FP Red Turbo, 272 Cams, all the basic bolt ons on HB Speed's old dyno it put down 416hp 362tq 24psi on e-85 and stock clutches. Been waiting over 3 months now for my AMS TMP cams to arrive as well as Cobb's dyno to be up and running so I can take my new goodies in (1300cc injectors, ETS Shortrunner mani, Cobb XLE BPV, ETS Intercooler) and go get retuned and see what it puts down.

I'm going to do a baseline run before any parts get removed and see what it puts down primarily to see what kind of a difference the TMP cams will make versus my BC 272's. It's a couple of hundred wasted dollars but I figure it'll be good for the community in making decisions when it comes to cams. I haven't had any issues with my current cams at all but oh well. It's only money =)

Jon is my tuner but I never got a dyno sheet posted on the forums. He had just printed it out for me and I happened to lose it.

I haven't really had any negative experience except for one and my car stalled once on a cold start but since then I have talked to Jon and he's fully aware of the fix for that on e-85 so I'm 100% confident in him that I won't experience that again.

I've been on this setup since I had about 1500 miles on the car and now I'm a little over 11000. It's been about 13 months. No slipping of clutches or any of that. I'm hoping to get around at least 40-50hp more than my current setup once we're done dialing her in. This time I'll make sure to update my thread from long ago with an actual dyno sheet (current baseline, another run after cams swap, and another one after its all said n done). HOPEFULLY the guys at Cobb will be able to get it all done in a day though. Otherwise, I'll probably have to cut out the middle dyno run out.
Doubl-0,

Perfect response to this thread!!! Information like this really helps us out. Can't wait to see your near future results with the upgraded parts.

:rock::rock::rock:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Dynos never run equally with results. Thats why we shouldn't put someones progress down negatively. We need to keep this thread open minded and respect everyone's accomplishment.

:workout:

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Dynos never run equally with results. Thats why we shouldn't put someones progress down negatively. We need to keep this thread open minded and respect everyone's accomplishment.

:workout:
:+1: well said.

its been said over and over again, its the % gain from baseline that's important not the end WHP.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I have put down 360whp/360wtq for a while, no issue with stock clutches.

My next build should put me well over 400whp ;)
What's "a while"?

:+1: well said.

its been said over and over again, its the % gain from baseline that's important not the end WHP.
:+1:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
FP Red + kelford 214Bs and I'm ~410hp on uncorrected virtual dyno @26psi with our 92 fuel
clutches will be fine. i track my car a bunch and no worries so far.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Now with the benefit of Tuning the SST tables."

Any updates for members over 400whp on stock clutches.

Your input is much appreciated!!!!!
:shades:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
wow back from the dead...

if you're talking 400whp in dynojet speak there's a heap of SST cars on stock clutches doing this with zero issues.
in dynojet speak, i really don't start seeing issues on the whole until somewhere in the 430-450whp range, but i tend to pull just a tiny bit of torque out of the tunes on the higher hp cars to keep everything happy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts