Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put a new performance clutc n 20 kms ago now at 46kms, when shiffting it deos grab but noy until almost fully realeased. can this be adjosted at all? Thanks Trished

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Hi Trish can you post again with more detail without the txt text?

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
So the pedal engagement isn't until the top. I take it you are still on the stock master cylinder correct?
What aftermarket clutch did you get?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the pedal engagement isn't until the top. I take it you are still on the stock master cylinder correct?
What aftermarket clutch did you get?
That's what I was trying to say.Lol Thanks hollywood x. Sorry am a newbie!
The clutch was an exceedy but not sure which one? The mechanic said it was an upgrade to stock one. Have not done anything to the master cylinder. This issue with the clutch, can it be adjusted?

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
That's what I was trying to say.Lol Thanks hollywood x. Sorry am a newbie!
The clutch was an exceedy but not sure which one? The mechanic said it was an upgrade to stock one. Have not done anything to the master cylinder. This issue with the clutch, can it be adjusted?
Depending on what pressure plate and clutch they used there may not be anything you can do. Can you get a model type from the mechanic so I know which one? I have a feeling he just reused the stock pressure plate or used the mild one from exedy and thats just how they feel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the clutch is an exceedy - somewhere along the medium line, it was not a light fly wheel and not a heavy duty one either. someone mentioned to check the clutch oil? has anyone heard of this affecting the clutch like this before? Thank you, Trish

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
well the flywheel has nothing to do with it... like hollywood said has to do with the pressure plate honestly and clutch oil (no) proabably mean CMC fuild but if that was the problem your clutch wouldnt work at all.. Might want to check and see if your CMC cracked from the clutch too bec exceedy is famous for doing so.. and next time i would say post up on here before you get anything for the car so people like hollywood can help you get whats right for the car so you dont run into tons of headaches like this..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not to High jack the thread, even with my stock clutch it grabs pretty much at the top. theres a little bit of slack and it grabs, i only have 9200 miles on the car. I am putting an ACT 6 puck HDSS clutch in tomorrow. Should i have the pedal adjusted, or is it even possible?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello! the mechanic says to call a dealer to see which cylinder , the master or slave it could be that is causing the clutch not to engage until fully released?? any ideas?? Trish

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
clutch engagement

hi! Can someone please help me with what my mechanic is saying. He says possible master or slave cylinder is the issue. Issue is clutch has changed and does not engage until almost fully released. clutch is not slipping, any idea of master or slave? Thanks, Trisha

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi Trisha,

Is the pedal very high? Meaning, it just engages at a higher point than stock clutch. Did you replace the flywheel? You might just need to get used to the new clutch. If there was a problem with your clutch master cylinder, the pedal would basically be on the floor, correct?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Clutch engagement

I had the clutch replaced last year. Everything good until last week and now clutch different. Something has changed in the last week?

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
threads merged. Keep to one thread Trish.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts