That's $

· Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone on si who knows how to put one in 300.00

· Registered
6,209 Posts
Anyone on si who knows how to put one in 300.00
You should stop by the local mental institution because no one in their right mind would do it for $300 if you saw how much work is involved to change it.

· Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol, I guess lol

· Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You should stop by the local mental institution because no one in their right mind would do it for $300 if you saw how much work is involved to change it.
Ok calm down I didn't think it would b that much I'm just trying an estamite.

· Registered
509 Posts
Locality matters when it comes to prices & labor. Where I live, it's generally more expensive. Add an additional $300-$500 on top of the quoted $600. You can do it yourself for free, but if you look at it this way, you'll only end up replacing the clutch 1-2 times during the course of owning the car. My previous manual car lasted me 60,000 miles before I got into a car accident. Never had to replace the clutch on that car due to the unexpected car accident.

· [Team IEG VP]
10,145 Posts
Locality matters when it comes to prices & labor. Where I live, it's generally more expensive. Add an additional $300-$500 on top of the quoted $600. You can do it yourself for free, but if you look at it this way, you'll only end up replacing the clutch 1-2 times during the course of owning the car. My previous manual car lasted me 60,000 miles before I got into a car accident. Never had to replace the clutch on that car due to the unexpected car accident.
rreplacing clutch for the second time and i'm only at 35k miles.

Granted I probably have an abnormal situation with an aftermarket clutch failing (clutch drag issues) after only 9k miles.

· Registered
140 Posts
CLIPSE3GT - I need to get in touch with you and your private message inbox is too full. Email me. [email protected]

For the sake of this post - I was just looking at a local tuner shop price list - they charge $600, and they specialize in Mitsu's and Sube's. This is in Sac - Know that Norcal is generally expensive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.