Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I don't have any Clutch Pedal Free Play. The clutch engageges at the top of the stroke and makes smooth transistions difficult. According to the owners manual I am alloted up to 1/2" of free play.

My experience is primary in DSM's. Using my past knowledge, I do not see pedal free play adjustment on the pedal/rod or under the dash. Does anyone have a tech manual that can look up the pedal adjustment rod/mechanism? My dealer is 100 miles away and this should be an easy adjustment to make on my own.

Also, has anyone else noticed how easily this clutch starts to stink? I mean as soon as I try to slip it, it starts to stink up. I hate the long transistion from engagement to disengagement

James

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys...on topic please.

Sic, on anyone with an evo within 10 minutes of their dealer, can someone find out if the clutch free play adjustment is the rod connected to the clutch pedal itself?

I see a balljoint on it, I don't want to pop off the rod and then find out that wasn't the adjustment... can someone verify please?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.