Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I own a 08 evo x I’ve had for about 4 years. I have a stage 4 competition clutch with fly wheel. Couple months ago i was parked on my buddies driveway with a big incline. Pulled ebrake and left it in 1st gear. Came back a couple hours later started the car and the clutch went spongy or soft. Had it in 1st gear clutch in but I turned the gear with the car in first and it went soft and stalled the car like I dumped it or something. Then Locked me out of all gears. Bled the clutch it went into gears but then did the same thing again. Pressure bled the system worked for 4 days then went soft again on a start up. Sometimes it would rebuild pressure and let me in gear but not anymore. Now it just goes soft locks me out of gear, and when I try to put it in gear the car jerks like the clutch isn’t fully pushed in. I just replaced the master slave and the previous owner did the Clutch master cylinder upgrade already unless that pump is internally failing... I’m possibly thinking pressure plate possibly? Fluids and everything are clean and at perfect level. So I’m lost at words I’ve been dealing with this for the past two months. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
362 Posts
1. ". I just replaced the master slave and the previous owner did the Clutch master cylinder upgrade already unless that pump is internally failing... " Are those not the same thing? The CMC could be going out though..

2. You could definitely be on the right track as far as the clutch/pressure plate on it's way out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. ". I just replaced the master slave and the previous owner did the Clutch master cylinder upgrade already unless that pump is internally failing... " Are those not the same thing? The CMC could be going out though..

2. You could definitely be on the right track as far as the clutch/pressure plate on it's way out.
The master slave is different then the clutch master cylinder. The clutch master cylinder pushes the pressure to the slave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts