Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I had a couple questions about my clutch. I have a Spec 3+ with a ACT streetlite flywheel with AMS clutch line. Installed about 8k ago. Since day one, ive noticed that the clutch engagement has been really high compared to before. I ignored it and just got used to it. Recently I had my uncle drive it and he had a really hard time driving it because of how high the engagement point is.
Compared to other cars (Friends C6, gf's Bettle) my clutch is very annoying to drive. Sometimes it gets too notchy when taking off. I have to rev to 1.5k+ to help the notchiness.

Also, going up a hill is just almost impossible without revving high. If I dont rev, the car just shakes and makes clunking noise.
I still love the clutch though because when I got WOT it just grabs. No issues at all under WOT.. Just as a daily it gets annoying sometimes

So i did some research to adjust it. Apparently we cant. Im thinking if the engagement point is changed, it will be much easier to drive. Anything I can do to help my situation?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Removing the pill will drastically extend the life of your aftermarket clutch.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Thats good to know. Thanks
Will it also change the engagement point? Some say yes some say no.
It will set the engagement point at a predictable spot. With the pill in it feels like a moving target based on temperature and whatnot. Once you take it out, it will ALWAYS engage at the same spot.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will set the engagement point at a predictable spot. With the pill in it feels like a moving target based on temperature and whatnot. Once you take it out, it will ALWAYS engage at the same spot.
Good Info!
Can I assume its gunna lower the engagement point, or is it impossible to know until I actually remove it?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Good Info!
Can I assume its gunna lower the engagement point, or is it impossible to know until I actually remove it?
It should feel like it engages lower, mine did. What is happening is even if you slip it quick the pill keeps it from engaging right away. With the pill you can feel the clutch start to engage and then you slip it only to find out it wasn't engaged yet due to the pill. After the pill is out on a quick slip when the clutch starts to bite it is ready to rock. Hard to describe, imagine now you cannot stall the car, after the pill you can because the clutch will engage quicker and consistently.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It should feel like it engages lower, mine did. What is happening is even if you slip it quick the pill keeps it from engaging right away. With the pill you can feel the clutch start to engage and then you slip it only to find out it wasn't engaged yet due to the pill. After the pill is out on a quick slip when the clutch starts to bite it is ready to rock. Hard to describe, imagine now you cannot stall the car, after the pill you can because the clutch will engage quicker and consistently.
Oh ok I get it.. I will get it done this week and report back.
Thanks for all your help!!

·
, [Potential Scammer]
994 Posts
so when people are saying the pill creates a "lower" engagement point, does that mean closer to the floor?

My clutch (compared to my 8) engages wayy too soon and unpredictably, with about a 1/2" of play in the beginning of the throw. I prefer the feeling of my 8 much much more

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Has anyone tried to increase the hole size on the pill? Seems like you would get better engagement with a higher engagement point.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
We are waiting for you to do it!! Just go for it. You may be onto something. Easy enough to fix if it does not work.

·
, [Potential Scammer]
994 Posts
can anyone answer my question? does higher mean further in the throw of the clutch aka closer to the floor? or is that lower? fuck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts