Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Continuing mods on my '08 Evo and moving on to a new clutch possibly flywheel as well. I'm in Seattle, so I'll probably be going to English Racing for the work. They recommend going with the Competition Clutch, because they feel it's a quality product for the price it comes and it will handle the hp.

I'm at about 363whp 379wtq now, but plan to build it further... I was thinking Exedy heavy plate single disc stage 2, but now I'm thinking maybe I should reconsider that idea and look at something a little more beefy. Possible take ER's recommendation?

Any input here is helpful as I'm fairly new to the community =).

Thanks Guys :rock:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I learned long ago, that if you are taking your car somewhere to get it built, go with what they recommend. This way, if there is ever a part failure or install issue, they can't say 'we told you so' and it's on them to fix.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What power level do you plan to build to?
I don't necessarily have an idea in mind, but I'd like to be at around 500 whp/wtq off the top of my head. Then see how I feel about building from there.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Realistically 500whp is goin to equate to ~ 400wtq. In which case a good single plate clutch will work fine. I like the act HD s 6 puck. I've had great results using act before

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
I learned long ago, that if you are taking your car somewhere to get it built, go with what they recommend. This way, if there is ever a part failure or install issue, they can't say 'we told you so' and it's on them to fix.
:+1:

That said..I like my act

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
ecedy twin. Never had a problem with them. I always using them in my evos. From DD to the rally car. Rally car runs little above 3500rpm 480 lbs and sudden delivery., So its a clutch killer . 0 problem.

ACT i had before on my street 8. i find it heavy and very aggressive compere to the Exedy single disc. The twin is even better then a single disk for driver feel.

So in my personal opinion is Exedy all the way.

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
I don't necessarily have an idea in mind, but I'd like to be at around 500 whp/wtq off the top of my head. Then see how I feel about building from there.
i hope when you talking about that much power, you are planning to make the drive train stronger too. It is all about balance and reliability. Just saying :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am running an ACT HDSS. It was recommended when Tuning Tech installed my FR EFR 7670 kit. It held 400awhp and 350 ft. lbs. tq. It feels like stock and not had an issue except the smell of burnt clutch sometimes when I am trying to get it from stalling going up a steep hill.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts