Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am i basically waiting for it to fail? i read so many horror stories....im on stock clutch now i do daily drive it and dont beat on it much but i had to be left on the side of the road if it does fail....any suggestions? if this a common issue?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ how man miles? i barely beat on it....drive it like a grandma lol. but the cmc being plastic really gets me worried that it can snap/crackle/pop at any moment when driving on long trips. then again we did buy a mitsubishi lol

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
^^ how man miles? i barely beat on it....drive it like a grandma lol. but the cmc being plastic really gets me worried that it can snap/crackle/pop at any moment when driving on long trips. then again we did buy a mitsubishi lol
stock clutch all the way. Roughly 18,000 miles. It was a cold week, -25 C

It was funny, cause the tech was like, "well, Ive never seen one fail, this is a pretty random occurance"... I replied with... "well, its such a common occurance, that some aftermarket companies have had to develope a better one based off the VIII/IX design to correct the issue"

Then the conversation just got into a pissing match, but I got to end it with, hey whatever, Im not going to be paying for this!

·
Registered
147 Posts
It bothers me that Mitsubishi hasn't stepped up for a recall on this thing. Knowing that it has blown enough times with a stock clutch has to throw up some signals.

Our dealer is approachable in that we could bring in a blown CMC and a Magnus kit and they will do the work under warranty to replace it.

You have to have a pretty good relationship with them however, as they don't mind that you keep coming back. Mitsubishi pays them for the labor to keep replacing it.

Stephen

·
aka DolEvoX
1,554 Posts
What is the "tell tale" sign of cmc failure?

I recently had my car on a different dyno than where I normally go to and the guy doing the pulls was saying my clutch was slipping in 4th.

Although the clutch is still the stocker, I have only 9300 miles on it and ZERO flat-out launches. Ive never had an issue with the clutch, nor the cmc until the other day when that guy was doing dyno pulls (dynojet)

I did recently have the car in 1st and was starting to roll at a light when it popped out into neutral which has never happened before.
Any significance to that occurrence?

thanks guys

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sounds like the clutch is dead and worn, not the cmc.
The factory clutch is weak in the car. The fact that you made 93k without it dying before now might be a record. Launch or no launch it is a crap clutch. It's like buying a printer with the crappy small ink cartridges.

Get a new clutch. If you are upgrading clutch however to something stronger, get a Magnus CMC kit ordered because it won't be far behind.

Stephen

·
aka DolEvoX
1,554 Posts
fair enough cayden lol. I still have the same amount of pedal pressure as I did on day one. I recently had another '10 gsr owner ask me what clutch I had installed since it was still so stiff (insert dick joke)
I suppose the guy at that shop didnt know what the fuck he was doing. Last time I allow them to touch my baby. :mad:

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
aka DolEvoX
1,554 Posts
Im not saying anything IS WRONG, Im just asking what others have experienced with clutch or cmc failures.

Last time I went to the stealership to exchange my panasonic battery for the optima, even with the recall bulletin IN-HAND they said "We need to drive the car to assess if there is anything wrong with your battery"

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
This was my warning sign.

*shifts into 5th gear*

"where the fuck did my clutch pedal go?"

*cries a little inside, pulls into adjacent parking lot*
:bowlol: same here dude. Clutch pedal disapears!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you are paranoid about losing the OEM CMC, then just upgrade to the Magnus kit. You are going to deal with it at some point or another so getting it out of the way earlier will give you the assurance you are looking for.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.