Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Cobb = awesomesauce

The beauty of buying package deals from Cobb is that they tune the maps for those specific pieces, so you KNOW you'll get an AWESOME tune. The downside to THAT particular package are the DW injectors, I keep hearing bad shit about them in Evos. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
I have yet to experience any thing wrong with the DW injectors. I dont even think that there is anything wrong with them. I think that people just need to put the blame on something and that is what got the raw end of the stick.

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
No its all good. That info has been tossed around, at least I believe, when people dont know what happened and blamed the injectors. Just so happened that they were DW and then everyone was like, " oh shit, dont buy DW, they are junk". Then everyone got scared and talked shit lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
So, is there any owner who has the 400s kit? Any experience with them? How does the lag feel compared to stage 1 and stage 2?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
So, is there any owner who has the 400s kit? Any experience with them? How does the lag feel compared to stage 1 and stage 2?
lag is way overrated with fp turbo....fp black is so close to stock I dont think you wont feel any with fp green

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
FpGreen is stock, fpred is like 200 above stock if you have the stock manifold and I'm not familiar with the black since I'd go ams first, but this is a really good kit, AMS has a cheaper way of hitting 400 at the crank though.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have yet to experience any thing wrong with the DW injectors. I dont even think that there is anything wrong with them. I think that people just need to put the blame on something and that is what got the raw end of the stick.
:+1:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
ive been looking for some feedback on the 400s setup too. i know its pricey for what it is, but i really want to make some decent power and maintain as close to stock look as possible. im new to evos, but i saw a thread the other day on here where a guy with a green put down ~400whp

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think the best way might be targeting ~360 whp to maintain the stock driveability. You can hit that with TBE + FMIC as far as I understand, so it would be even more driveable than the stock in terms of lag and with plenty of power. I am actually quite surprised Cobb does not have a "Stage 3" in between 400s and Stage 2, which would essentially be a Stage 2 + FMIC, and also an air intake if they really need it.

Why does the Perrin have this stage, yet Cobb doesn't?

ive been looking for some feedback on the 400s setup too. i know its pricey for what it is, but i really want to make some decent power and maintain as close to stock look as possible. im new to evos, but i saw a thread the other day on here where a guy with a green put down ~400whp

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The supply of FP Greens has run dry, Cobb is currently testing a few other turbos figuring out which they'd like to substitute in place of the Green.

·
Registered
823 Posts
The supply of FP Greens has run dry, Cobb is currently testing a few other turbos figuring out which they'd like to substitute in place of the Green.
Yeah, if you're considering an FP Turbo, I'd hold off until the Ball-Bearings are ready.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts