Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i just thought i would share my experience with Cobb so that potential new buyers will know what they are getting into. basically no to very little customer support is what you get. i have had a question that i emailed them many times in the last 3 weeks as well as private messaged them on this forum and the cobb forums many times with absolutely no response. i even called in multiple times to only be told "it seams to be a bug that we will try to fix with a future update" after asking when that might be my answer was "we dont know". so maybe you can get more help from them if your a distributer but as a end user i guess you are not a top priorty. im not trying to put down the company im just giving my account of my experience with their customer service.

*edit copied from 6th post*

sorry i did post the problem up on this forum a while back but i did not mention it now because i didnt want a repost but since you asked heres the problem,

my live dash board and log always shows 32 for my load boost/fuel even when i do live trace on the low detonation fuel table it never comes out of the 30 column. then cobb told me i need to get a wideband to log correctly. i then told him i do have a wideband and logging A/F is not my problem. my problem is logging load boost/fuel because how else would you reference the fuel table if you cant log one of the axis's in the fuel table. so i dont believe that all AP log 32 on load boost/fuel like cobb told me.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
you should explain the issue you are having and why you are trying to get a hold of them. Maybe someone on the forum can help you or maybe the issue has been brought up already.

·
Registered
905 Posts
you should explain the issue you are having and why you are trying to get a hold of them. Maybe someone on the forum can help you or maybe the issue has been brought up already.
This.

You're situation does suck especially since you've been trying your best to get an answer.

Post up what your problem is and maybe we can help!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
sorry i did post the problem up on this forum a while back but i did not mention it now because i didnt want a repost but since you asked heres the problem,

my live dash board and log always shows 32 for my load boost/fuel even when i do live trace on the low detonation fuel table it never comes out of the 30 column. then cobb told me i need to get a wideband to log correctly. i then told him i do have a wideband and logging A/F is not my problem. my problem is logging load boost/fuel because how else would you reference the fuel table if you cant log one of the axis's in the fuel table. so i dont believe that all AP log 32 on load boost/fuel like cobb told me.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah maybe my experince is not the norm, i wish the service could have been different because at my old shop we used cobb for tuning GT-R's and the product is great when its working properly. we also never had problems with customer service as a shop, which needs me to believe that when you are aproaching them as a end user you are not a top priorty.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Well you've gotten two cobb employees to ask you to reach out to them in this thread, so there you go.
Hope you get it worked out

·
Registered
8,999 Posts

Is the AP your running the correct year for your car? I've never seen one that wouldn't log or show correct load. Have you attempted a firmware update? Are you running the BETA edition?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes i have update and re-updated. i have uninstalled everything and re-installed and unless a new update has come out since 9 am today (1-24-2012) i have all the updates my AP could find. also according to my AP its for the right year. is there a way to double check the AP if its for the right year?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.