Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running a cobb stage 2 map on my gsr without a problem , i recently got an agp cai v2 which keeps the oem maf housin , does anyone know how much but this lean me out comared to the oem air box, i heard 0.5 so im going to try this truout the whole high octane and watch my afr and knock . Any inputs are welcome

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But i own a 2011 gsr wouldn't it create a conflict if i run a different year map , im asking because cobb only supports sf intake for 2011+

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my idle wasnt affecting but im expecting it to change my other afrs due to a colder air , will update tomorrow , i read somewhere that hollywood confirmed that the agp cai will lean u out about 0.5 will update tomorrow when i do some further testing

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update , my cruise idle is still ok , actually it didn't change much from the previous air box, now my spooling and wot , is a little lean around 12.9 spool , 11.4 wot . But I had bad news right after doing my first wot pull I looked back and I see this huge white cloud... Not sure if I blew something up I hope not , my knock stayed on 0counts. Yesterday right after I installed my cai I got a p0113 dtc which I cleared and I fixed by cleaning the maf sensor and re plugging it , I hope the smoke it related to this and not the fact that one of the vacuum hoses almost do a 90 deggres to plug to the intake , will do further research stay tuned

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Used LTFT 2.5, no knock , the white smoke has decreased , it actually smells like water lol , no odor whats so ever and its clear in color , im thinking maybe it was condensation ., we will see

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed a filter at the ccv , so now is vta , after this my idle is perfect again my aem boost gauge is reading -20 vaccum, stepped on the car as hard as possible and no smoke for now (will keep my fingers crossed)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hate to raise this thread from the grave of 2013.
However, I’m looking at buying this intake and can’t find much on this exact question. Your post seems to be the best.

So my questions.
How does/did it run? Did you have any more issues? Looking to do pretty much the same thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts