Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Vendor
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! As you've seen in our other thread, we've been updating the calibration files for the Evo X. We have carried the improvements learned with the 2011-2014 cars into these maps in hopes of offering a complete host of maps for all USDM Evo Xs.

Thorough testing has been done in-house on multiple vehicles however before pushing these maps to full release we would like to hear your feedback. Please feel free to submit datalogs and ask any questions you have. We’ll do our best to answer your questions and make any changes to the calibrations that are deemed necessary.

Make sure your Accessport firmware is up to date using Accessport Manager,and the maps should then be on your device. You can also download the OTS maps off of the maps section of the COBB Tuning website.

NOTE: V403 Maps have been moved to full release and can be downloaded off of the COBB Tuning website.

As always, thank you for your continued support!

COBB Mitsubishi Team

·
Registered
319 Posts
Tried out the v403 "stage 3" map today on my 2010 MR, and I still have erratic idle issues. In fact I think it's worse. It was a really high idle around 950rpms usually, and it would bounce around from around 850 to 1000 at times. :(

·
Registered
401 Posts
Tried out the v403 "stage 3" map today on my 2010 MR, and I still have erratic idle issues. In fact I think it's worse. It was a really high idle around 950rpms usually, and it would bounce around from around 850 to 1000 at times. :(
Same thing. High idle around 900-1k rpms and would still bounce a little but not as much. 2014 stage 2 LWG

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
i would love to try these, but i need support for the AMS intake.

·
Vendor
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wanted to let you guys know that we will be working on putting together a document that will have the correct MAF scaling for different brand intakes. This will allow you to copy the values and make those changes in ATR.

-Eric

·
aka MitsuEvoX
1,000 Posts
I got kinda excited for a minute, then remembered I am 90% done with my EF3 swap. Lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
tried out the stage 3 v403 map on my 2008 gsr

mods: cobb sf intake, cobb turbo inlet, cobb 3port, turboback exhaust

i've been running the v400 stage 2 + cbcs map for a while now, seems to be the only one that runs stable for me

tried this one out, definitely had high idle bouncing between 1000-1100 rpm, seemed a little high, boost was sporadic, on a back road i opened it up and saw 30psi pop up on my boost gauge for a second and was like nope! flashed the LWG version and then boost felt really sluggish, only getting to low 20's (21-22psi) and still felt weird

anyway i'm back on the v400 map for now

·
Registered
75 Posts
The v403 maps have fixed my idle issues however, I'm a bit concerned with the method used to fix the random knock issue.

I noticed that the knock detection tables were made less sensitive during stop then go acceleration. Is this safe? I used to see counts up to 16 but now it shows 1 or 0 everywhere. All of the knock occurred in very low load conditions according to my AP.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The v403 maps have fixed my idle issues however, I'm a bit concerned with the method used to fix the random knock issue.

I noticed that the knock detection tables were made less sensitive during stop then go acceleration. Is this safe? I used to see counts up to 16 but now it shows 1 or 0 everywhere. All of the knock occurred in very low load conditions according to my AP.
If your car is mechanically sound I think its fine low load knock really isnt an issue and more than likely its not even real knock just engine vibrations(clutch engagement etc)

·
Registered
164 Posts
its strange how far apart these evo x's are as far as tuning goes, my WGDC had to be increased on the v400 map and on the v403. Also richened up my spool AFR

·
Registered
302 Posts
Wanted to let you guys know that we will be working on putting together a document that will have the correct MAF scaling for different brand intakes. This will allow you to copy the values and make those changes in ATR.

-Eric
Will this include the ETS intake? :dancebanana:

·
Registered
133 Posts
this is late, but just wanted to thank Eric G. from Cobb for the v4.03 maps he emailed me with the quickness.

it fixed the jumpy idle, and now the car is what it should have been! fast, and SMOOTH.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Are there v403 maps out for 2012 evo's??

1 - 20 of 78 Posts