Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be lowering my car on Coilover with the stock GSR rims. I will most likely lower the car with 5mm-10mm of gap between the fender and the stock tires. I will go with stock alignment spec.

I currently have 25mm spacer on hand. Do you think the 25mm spacer will stick out too much or cause rubbing issue between the tires and fender?

Or should i switch to 20mm, which seem to be the norm for most people that lower on spring.

None of my fender are roll and i don't intend to roll my fender. I already know about the rubbing when wheel are turn from lock to lock, i'm not concern about that.

Pictures would great help.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
if you already have the 25mm on hand, just try it. If they don't fit, go with the 20mm. I think they'll fit fine btw.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I rub at full lock with stock wheels using 25mm spacers. I'm lowered 3/4 in. in the front.
The car is also making a snapping noise when I'm turning sharp to the right going up an incline like a driveway or speedbump. I just took my spacers off to see if it corrects the strange noise.

I think the noise is caused by the tire pushing in on the plastic.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm running 25mm spacers w/ stock GSR wheels, dropped on an Eibach pro kit, and I experience virtually no rubbing.

Only rubbing is when the wheel is at full lock. But obviously this only happens at low speeds when parking etc... no adverse effect to the tires.

You should be fine!

·
Registered
8 Posts
2012 Evo X MR with stock BBS and stock suspensions.

What can I do to make the wheel more flush with the body?
Do I need Spacers? or if so how much mm?
I was going to drop the car with some BC coils or H&R Sport Springs in the future.
Will I need to Roll fenders or pull?
Help will be appreciated =D
Thank You.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts