Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm moving down south this fall and won't need summer/winter setups for my MR anymore. So I gave my 18x8.5 RPF1s to my brother's basic Lancer SE. We already rolled the rear fenders for now. We were wondering about suspension upgrades for this setup. I still have MR suspension still stock (its an 2011 with 45k miles). Would this fit on the base Lancers or would you recommend a specific coilover brand.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
They will not work on your brothers base lancer. Not even a Ralliart. So he'll have to go coilovers or springs. Wife went with tiens for hers. Lowest drop. And looks very nice.

But we did blow a rear strut after the first year or two. Rest of its holding up well.

·
Registered
468 Posts
The evo components will not fit the base model lancer. He will have to buy separate coilovers or lowering springs specific to that car.

As for brand.... I and many will agree, you get what you pay for. I personally went with Fortune Auto 500 series, with the swift springs and radial bearing upgrades. For $1700 i think thats hard to beat. 5yr warranty was a huge plus for me since i daily drive my car, they ride fairly smooth, and perform well. Much better than a set of cheaper coils like BC or Megan.

No they dont compare to KW,Ohlins,JRZ...etc. But hey, they are $1000 less, and again, have a better warranty. But if he is getting something for his lancer, i think some cheap springs will fit his needs fine. Then plan on a year or 2 later to replace shocks as they wear out.

Anyways, long story short, you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check out AMR Engineering coilovers, there $1500 and come with a LIFETIME WARRENTY!!! that's a steal for 1,500. to add to that they custom make to order..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts