Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
not really looking for aggresive as it will se tons more street use than track but id like something above and beyond stock for some track days with that being said i was debating on

BC Racing .................... 6.0-10.0 kg* ... 6.0-10.0 kg* .. Multi-way / Single dual ............ Adjustable .................... $1000
i like that these have camber plates included

Eibach Pro-Street-S .......... 6.3 kg .............. ? kg ..................... Preset ................ 0.8"-> 2.0" / 0.8"-> 2.0" ........ $not priced yet
whats the deal with these? eibach website says there still in development but the chart at the top of the forum has them listed with a price...

Megan Street .................. 8.0 kg ............ 6.0 kg ............ 32-way / Single ..................... Adjustable ...................... $880
affordable with the money i save i can pick up camber plates, appear to be great quality and 32 way adjustable

K-Sport Kontrol Pro ......... 9.0 kg ............ 7.0 kg ........ 36-way / Single dual ................... Adjustable ..................... $850
camber plates included nice adjustability affordable

·
Registered
805 Posts
Everyone here will tell you to wait a bit longer and pay up a bit more money to get some better coilovers but i say fuck it ... From the selection you have given me, i would definitely go with the BC coilover's. I know two close guys that have switched several cars in the past couple years (from mazda - subaru - m3 - evo - m5) and every single time they get BC coilovers for them and they love them. They have great ride quality that is comparable to stock but they also perform very well on the track. The build quality on them is also something to be pleased with

·
Registered
807 Posts
Don't get BC if you live anywhere with snow, my buddy had them on his G37, after one winter they were completely rusted. And they sucked imo. Like the one guy said above, I say wait and get something a little better.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Don't get BC if you live anywhere with snow, my buddy had them on his G37, after one winter they were completely rusted. And they sucked imo. Like the one guy said above, I say wait and get something a little better.
Ohhhhh shoot, sorry i never took bad weather into account ... see i live in the california sunshine so i would not know about snow and rust :godance:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
what iv noticed is the more it costs the more the spring rates go up in turn means harser ride, i love the ride quality of the factory suspension, i dont race competitively i dont race for money and i dont live on the track. so in my case i want near stock ride comfortabilty. i dont care about the price as it seems most kits range from 1200-2k. but like i said the more you spend the harsher the ride becomes and the higher the spring rates. i want something more than stock but not super aggresive. like in the less than 9kg spring rate for example

kg/mm to lbs/in
-----------------------------
2.0 = 112
2.5 = 133
3.0 = 168
3.5 = 196 <-- factory range
4.0 = 224
4.5 = 252
5.0 = 280
5.5 = 308
6.0 = 336
6.5 = 364
7.0 = 392
7.5 = 420
8.0 = 448
8.5 = 476
9.0 = 504 <---- my im not interested in exceeding range
9.5 = 532
10.0 = 560
11.0 = 616
12.0 = 672
13.0 = 728
14.0 = 784
15.0 = 840
16.0 = 896

so as you can see from what i listed above they range in the 6-9kg range which is double the stiffness of factory and the 9kg range would be on the harshess ride side id be interested in. id like feed back on coilovers in the 6-9kg range. and ty for the feed back on the BC and snow as i do live in utah and snow would be a big deal.

·
Registered
807 Posts
what iv noticed is the more it costs the more the spring rates go up in turn means harser ride, i love the ride quality of the factory suspension, i dont race competitively i dont race for money and i dont live on the track. so in my case i want near stock ride comfortabilty. i dont care about the price as it seems most kits range from 1200-2k. but like i said the more you spend the harsher the ride becomes and the higher the spring rates. i want something more than stock but not super aggresive. like in the less than 9kg spring rate for example

kg/mm to lbs/in
2.0 = 112
2.5 = 133
3.0 = 168
4.0 = 224
4.5 = 252
5.0 = 280
5.5 = 308
6.0 = 336
6.5 = 364
7.0 = 392
7.5 = 420
8.0 = 448
8.5 = 476
9.5 = 532
10.0 = 560
11.0 = 616
12.0 = 672
13.0 = 728
14.0 = 784
15.0 = 840
16.0 = 896

so as you can see from what i listed above they range in the 6-9kg range which is double the stiffness of factory and the 9kg range would be on the harshess ride side id be interested in. id like feed back on coilovers in the 6-9kg range. and ty for the feed back on the BC and snow as i do live in utah and snow would be a big deal.
Get Ohlins, I'm running 10k front and 11k rear and it feels very similar to stock on the softer settings, they're expensive but worth it. You can order custom spring rates so if you want softer springs you can get them.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
those seem nice whats the specs on them?
Description
Assembled here in the USA, our custom coilover systems are designed to meet your needs. Our coilovers feature a mono-tube design, and machined using the latest tooling and equipment. Our machine work is simply outstanding, and we take great pride in the quality of our work. These are available rebound adjustable only and feature a distinct 8 click design. Our coilovers also allow you to adjust both preload and shock length. So adjusting both ride height and preload is fast, and simple. With the ability to adjust shock length you maintain your shock travel, and lower your car without sacrificing too much ride quality. These are meant to be the last coilovers you will ever need for your vehicle and come with a lifetime warranty on both the shock and spring. Speak to us today about getting a set made specifically for you and your driving needs. No more guessing games, leave it to us, and we guarentee you will love the ride quality and performance of our product. Check out our detailed pictures of our Evo X coilovers, and note the attention to detail as well as machine quality of our product. We have made provision for the stock hardware as well. Our tooling leaves a outstanding finish, and the product clearly shows that. Depending on your needs we can assemble a setup with our optional camber plates or spherical bearing mounts. We've spent a great deal of time developing these coilovers, and we know you will love them. The set pictured here is our street setup with our optional factory style top mounts. You do not need to use your factory top mounts or hardware. Everything will be provided just like what is pictured here.

COILOVERS
Product Name
8-Way Rebound Adjustable Coilovers

Brand
AMR Engineering

I got 10k in the front and rear but he can do whatever you want really, plus you have the ability to adjust some here and there.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Those AMRs look very much like what I may end up going for (eventually). They seem very good for the price =]

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
not really looking for aggresive as it will se tons more street use than track but id like something above and beyond stock for some track days with that being said i was debating on

BC Racing .................... 6.0-10.0 kg* ... 6.0-10.0 kg* .. Multi-way / Single dual ............ Adjustable .................... $1000
i like that these have camber plates included

Eibach Pro-Street-S .......... 6.3 kg .............. ? kg ..................... Preset ................ 0.8"-> 2.0" / 0.8"-> 2.0" ........ $not priced yet
whats the deal with these? eibach website says there still in development but the chart at the top of the forum has them listed with a price...

Megan Street .................. 8.0 kg ............ 6.0 kg ............ 32-way / Single ..................... Adjustable ...................... $880
affordable with the money i save i can pick up camber plates, appear to be great quality and 32 way adjustable

K-Sport Kontrol Pro ......... 9.0 kg ............ 7.0 kg ........ 36-way / Single dual ................... Adjustable ..................... $850
camber plates included nice adjustability affordable
Your post would lead me to believe that you subscribe to form>function.
Save and buy Good not "ok" coilovers. Or might as well go all out and slap some super mad tyte Godspeed coils on the X.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i went with bc br coils first time around, and now regret it. I now have kw clubspots and should've listened and did it right the first time.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
i went with bc br coils first time around, and now regret it. I now have kw clubspots and should've listened and did it right the first time.
Your honesty is appreciated. Most people wont admit their mistakes in this way.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You cannot equate spring rates on stock shocks and coilovers. 300lbs on coilovers would be sloppy soft.

kg/mm to lbs/in
2.0 = 112
2.5 = 133
3.0 = 168
4.0 = 224
4.5 = 252
5.0 = 280
5.5 = 308
6.0 = 336
6.5 = 364
7.0 = 392
7.5 = 420
8.0 = 448
8.5 = 476
9.5 = 532
10.0 = 560
11.0 = 616
12.0 = 672
13.0 = 728
14.0 = 784
15.0 = 840
16.0 = 896

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.