Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What y'all think bout the Tein Super Street Damper. I'm looking for some coilovers with a good stance and good for my DD as well what y'all think? Or should I get KW coils?

·
Registered
172 Posts
From what ive read, if you just want to DD and dont plan on tracking it. I would look into the Stance LX. They are designed for ride height and comfort. Thats just info i gathered on another thread on this website. Ive been researching coils for like 2-3 months. I dont want to make a wrong decision.

·
Registered
823 Posts
From what ive read, if you just want to DD and dont plan on tracking it. I would look into the Stance LX. They are designed for ride height and comfort. Thats just info i gathered on another thread on this website. Ive been researching coils for like 2-3 months. I dont want to make a wrong decision.
Yeah, the LX are meant for looks and ride COMFORT. If you want looks and a firmer (but adjustable) ride, Stance has the GR+ (which I have).

·
Registered
172 Posts
So the GR would just be a little stiffer than the LX? This is exactly why i have not bought mine yet. So much shit to understand and learn. I dont ever plan on tracking my car,until i get another DD. So i guess ill stick with the LX for now. I just dont want something im going to be dead after driving a few hours. Since vegas is about a 3-4 hour drive, i tend to get moments where i do over nighters.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Tein's tend to be really stiff. Kw are nice but need some finesse to dial in but once done are really nice. Ast is also a solid option. Amr many love I have them but have not installed them so you need to ask others what they think but the it looks really well made and Andy is a good guy.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
As long as you don't have to worry about corrosion, I've heard Tein is a good choice. And, from what I've garnered, you're not in an area where theys alt your roads so they should last.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IF you have NO aspirations to later go racing with your car, then go with the LX, but otherwise, look for a set that you can easlily upgrade later
No I won't go racing with it. Maybe once in a while take it to the track but it will be my DD so it will only be once in a while. I looked at KW and I looked at the 2 versions. Not sure. Cuz I want a good stance and a good ride as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went with HSD.

I had Eibach lowering springs previous to installing the the coilovers.

The HSD coilovers are really comfortable compared to the Eibachs that were in there. They ride similar and aren't stiff at all. The things I noticed were that the car was less bouncy and was more composed and controlled in the corners and over turbulent roads. And a lot less body roll in the corners. A really good upgrade from the Eibachs!

I'd recommend the HSDs if you're planning to DD your car the majority of the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts