Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I could take credit for this, but I cant. This comes from the install kings over at Metra. Here is the complete wiring diagram, by application, for the Rockford sound system (9 speaker) for the Evo X. Almost all of this applies to the non Amplified systems as well, with the exception of the speaker wiring. Attached are 3 PDF files for all the applications. They also contain the location of the coveted TACH sensor lead, which is unfortunately not in the cabin. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
factory amp remote turn on fix?

sorry if this has already been answered but, are the wiring diagrams show a fix to turn on the factory amp if you installed an aftermarket Nav unit and still want the factory Fosgate 9 speaker system to work with the stock amp? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
speed sense.

is the speed sense wire (the brown and white by the air cleaner)(assuming thats the correct wire to use for navigation), located under the dash anywhere to tap into...ive read that on the previous evos, they could get that signal from a wire on the back of the odb diagnostic plug... i also have the same question for the reverse gear wire.... is that wire accessible from under the dash anywhere, or do i have to run a new wire all the way from the trunk up to the dash, i have to run rca's anyway, but that would be one less wire to run??? this is for a jvc single din navigation unit which ive read navi wont work without these two leads.... ive wired tons of head units before, but no navigations so ive never ran into this problem...thanks in advance
ron

·
Registered
236 Posts
is the speed sense wire (the brown and white by the air cleaner)(assuming thats the correct wire to use for navigation), located under the dash anywhere to tap into...ive read that on the previous evos, they could get that signal from a wire on the back of the odb diagnostic plug... i also have the same question for the reverse gear wire.... is that wire accessible from under the dash anywhere, or do i have to run a new wire all the way from the trunk up to the dash, i have to run rca's anyway, but that would be one less wire to run??? this is for a jvc single din navigation unit which ive read navi wont work without these two leads.... ive wired tons of head units before, but no navigations so ive never ran into this problem...thanks in advance
ron
I have the Avic -D3 installed. but never found the speed senser wire to tap in. I guess the only issue this will cause is if you drive in long tunnels.
but soon as you are out in open air. the Gps unit resynchronize it self like all most right away.Plus i remeber reading somewhere that the speed senser wire has something to do with CANbus now in the EVO-X.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.