Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm searching for an illustrated and comprehensive guide on how to install an AEM UEGO AFR Gauge on my X, i'll want to set it up with an AMS downpipe + pillar pod on driver' side + Serial logging cable, but can't find an accurate guide.

Thanks !

·
Registered
65 Posts
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12639

This is a basic wideband install I found for you in the DIY section. The Aem wideband's do not require calibration like the innovative ones.

I also attached a wiring diagram to go along with the above link. The white wire is for dimmer control. Red is for 12v switched power. Black is for ground, and the blue wire is for logging.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
^ Yep, super simple. Just find the right fuse box locations to tap into. Also, you need to unscrew the passenger seat from the floor and move it back a bit to put the wire for the sensor through the gourmet.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
super thank a lot ! but there is a calibration screw in the AFR gauge I got..
Right, but you can ignore it. Its only on there for troubleshooting purposes. This applies to both the 30-4100 (Bosch 4.2) and 30-4110 (Bosch 4.9) UEGO kit AEM sells. Just be really careful with the sensor itself, dont drop it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right, but you can ignore it. Its only on there for troubleshooting purposes. This applies to both the 30-4100 (Bosch 4.2) and 30-4110 (Bosch 4.9) UEGO kit AEM sells. Just be really careful with the sensor itself, dont drop it.
As I run a test pipe, is it useful to plug the white wire to the rear O2 sensor to log AFR through ECU or can i pass this step ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I connected the White wire to the sensor as the link did. More than sure you are going to need to do that step for future logging purposes using Evoscan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts