Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, today I went out and picked up an AEM cone filter. Im having problems getting out the two bolts that hold the box to the MAF, they just keep spinning. Need some help here, or maybe im just noob and missing something.:wallbash:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything is good so far. On another note, I have a tranny question. When I downshift into second or first, before letting off the clutch I hear a slight whine noise, not too loud but i can hear it. Is this normal, I heard somewhere that it might be an indicator of a bad throwout bearing, but the noise isnt that loud. I'm new to manual transmissions so I dont know whats good and whats bad, the stick seems like a totally different car than an auto I'm just not used to it

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
from my exp. a bad throw out bearing is usually indicated by a clicking noise when the clutch is not pressed down. however if you push the clutch in the clicking noise should go away.

·
Registered
949 Posts
The whining noise you hear is just gear lash and nothing to be concerned about. Its more noticeable in the X because they made the actual gears a bit larger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.