Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently bought an accessport for my 2013 MR. I knew that the car had a tune on it before I connected the ap, but was under the impression that it was only a cobb stage 2. So once I connected the ap, I flashed a stage 2 tune onto the car since I thought it wouldn't change anything. I took the car for a test drive and it drove horribly. The car would behave normally until the turbo kicked in and whenever I shifted. The car would stutter and backfire a ton (I saw about 8 for total knock sum at one point as well), also whenever I hit about 3500 RPM the car would act like it was choking and would lose power. I'm new to tuning and would like all the help I can get, please.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey guys, I recently bought an accessport for my 2013 MR. I knew that the car had a tune on it before I connected the ap, but was under the impression that it was only a cobb stage 2. So once I connected the ap, I flashed a stage 2 tune onto the car since I thought it wouldn't change anything. I took the car for a test drive and it drove horribly. The car would behave normally until the turbo kicked in and whenever I shifted. The car would stutter and backfire a ton (I saw about 8 for total knock sum at one point as well), also whenever I hit about 3500 RPM the car would act like it was choking and would lose power. I'm new to tuning and would like all the help I can get, please.
The way Cobb works is that it stores a copy of the ECU data when first being installed into the car. It sounds like the car had a custom tune, not a Cobb OTS tune on it. Which means it probably has mods done to it. What mods have been done? If it's not Cobb's parts, then u can't use OTS maps safely. So I would uninstall the AP completely. This will flash the previous tune back to it. Figure out what mods you have and get a custom tune for those mods with your AP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so I uninstalled the ap but the car is still acting funny. It performs like normal however when I give it about 50% of throttle or more, it still loses power and starts to backfire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And before I used the ap, the car would jump up to 2000 rpm whenever I started it. After I uninstalled the ap, the car did that the first time i started it, however it hasnt been doing that the last few times I've started it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so the check engine light came on, and I checked it using the ap. The code reads that the o2 sensor circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1) has no activity. Idk where the sensor is though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok so the check engine light came on, and I checked it using the ap. The code reads that the o2 sensor circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1) has no activity. Idk where the sensor is though.
I believe that's the front o2 sensor. Replace it and along with that, do a boost leak test and vacuum test. Also clean the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well if its a cobb catless exh it's going to show that O2 Sensor off or no activity right?
I had a custom tune done on stage 2 or 3 i forget. Full COBB pipes. The local tuner here in SLC sucked so i went back to the last COBB Evo tune they put out (way old tune back to when they did them). It has run fine for 4 years now. Custom tunes suck on MR's because most people have no idea and they crank TQ too much so the DC/MR clutch smokes/slips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts