Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
[NEEvo President]
15,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its been a while since I wrote about KT (Kaizen Tuning) I so I wanted to share some of my experiences. I'm at KT about once a month so I some times take for granted having a shop this close and this good :innocent:

Disclaimer: I've never been one for writing well so I apologize if this comes out all over the place (Giggity!) :p

For those of you who don't know me I'm very anal about my Evo and keep it meticulously clean. I also have only trust in KT to ever touch my car. The care that is given to their customers cars is definitely a cut above the rest. Its truly comforting to know that when you hand someone the keys to your baby its going to be in good hands.

Its been about 2 years now since I first started going to KT. I remember the first day when the owner invited our then small NEEVO team over for a BBQ. Its didn't take long after that till I breathed a huge sigh of relief knowing that all those years of terrible shop experiences were a thing of the past!! They took the time to listen to what I wanted to do and offered their suggestions based on experience from their shop Evo X GSR. If you don't know now you soon will, KT has 2010 Evo X GSR gutted/built up for Time Attack :confused2: Before this transformation KT was buying/testing/tuning various parts on their X so as to better serve their enormous Evo client list.

Recently I swapped out a HFC for a TP and a retune. Install went great, and fast, but after getting all strapped onto the dyno we found a exhaust leak (crappy UR short DP didn't mate with new TP). So KT promptly ordered me a thicker gasket and scheduled me to go back on the dyno. After getting ready to do the first pull my MAF died :duh: Again KT promptly ordered me a replacement and on the 3rd try we finally got my car tuned! When it came time to pay KT was kind enough to only charge me for the retune and not for the 2 other failed attempts. Now you may say "big deal" but currently the Dyno is offsite (zoning laws are a bitch) and it takes time get there / car strapped in. Time that they should be paid for but once again showed how they take care of their customers.

I live about a hour away so getting to KT for what ever reason I tend to have to make it later in the day. Each and every time I needed something KT was there to fit me in even if it meant keeping the techs, who are always more then willing, there longer to do the work. KT also sponsors NEEVO giving us some wicked good discounts :innocent:

Another highlight on the KT Express was how their tuner was proactive in making sure we all had cold weather maps. This is very important for people in our area where the weather changes all the time and important to me as a customer. Knowing that they always have us and our cars in their best interests is a amazing feeling. I guess you could call it an investment :p This was made important to me when I drove 4+ hours down the coast for a tune from a very reputable shop. The first tune was over boosting. The second tune was okay, still over boosted kicking off the ASC here and there all the way home. I contacted them over and over via pm/call/email and not once did I ever get the map with lower boost. I know this shop is good and I have no intentions of naming names, I just had a bad experience and I'll leave it at that. BUT as for the good, you can see why this was important to me :D

Bottom line, KT is one hell of a shop and I encourage anyone who is close or wants to make the drive to do so, you will not be disappointed. :dancebanana:

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Viva la kaizen tuning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.