Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just out of curiosity, at what point is it necessary to have one of these? For some reason I always liked the way they looked.

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
when the valve cover is plastic ;-(

althought i never understood it because plastic wont conduct heat, therefore, it should never really be THAT hot under the hood to help

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
how well did it fit?

what turbo sizes do they make it for?

did you get rid of the top heat shielding?

i have been thinking of going this route for better heat control under the hood.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when the valve cover is plastic ;-(

althought i never understood it because plastic wont conduct heat, therefore, it should never really be THAT hot under the hood to help
I switched to an aluminum valve cover but I'm more concerned about heat from my ETS external manifold. If you open the hood after a good run it is red hot.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how well did it fit?

what turbo sizes do they make it for?

did you get rid of the top heat shielding?

i have been thinking of going this route for better heat control under the hood.
I believe T3, T4, etc. The stock turbo heat shield is gone. i'm also using their intake blanket/sleeve. The company is called Heatshield Products and I have the Lava Shield Turbo blanket and the Cold Intake Shield. They are top notch.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just out of curiosity, at what point is it necessary to have one of these? For some reason I always liked the way they looked.
I was concerned about the heat from my ETS manifold and the new turbo. The good thing is that the ETS manifold does not sit high like the AMS one and it appears that it would not get as hot.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I believe T3, T4, etc. The stock turbo heat shield is gone. i'm also using their intake blanket/sleeve. The company is called Heatshield Products and I have the Lava Shield Turbo blanket and the Cold Intake Shield. They are top notch.
thanks for the info. this looks like such a better move then what is out there. coating the manifold then wrap the turbo is the way i think im gunna go.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
These work good at keeping heat from radiating through your engine bay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts