Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, so I have a cracked coolant filler neck and apparently all the OEM versions I have searched for are actually designed for the outlander (It's literally the same part #). It looks the same but has a extra small tube pointing towards the front of the car (4 outlets total) where as the evo's OEM version is only 3 outlets (2 for the main hoses and 1 for the over flow) has anyone dealt with this before? I actually desire an aftermarket metal one but they don't exist apparently from my own research. There's a titanium version but I really don't want to pay 250 + shipping lol. If anyone has some good info on this subject please let me know! thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Clubspecchicago.com sells a powder coated all aluminum one. I bought one myself but haven't installed it yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello all, so I have a cracked coolant filler neck and apparently all the OEM versions I have searched for are actually designed for the outlander (It's literally the same part #). It looks the same but has a extra small tube pointing towards the front of the car (4 outlets total) where as the evo's OEM version is only 3 outlets (2 for the main hoses and 1 for the over flow) has anyone dealt with this before? I actually desire an aftermarket metal one but they don't exist apparently from my own research. There's a titanium version but I really don't want to pay 250 + shipping lol. If anyone has some good info on this subject please let me know! thanks.
Hey, maybe the part number you are looking it is the wrong one.
The correct part number is 1350A043.
The outlander part number is 1350A015.

I hope this helps 🙏

1610573547840.png

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1350A043 was the number I did search and they were for both the outlander and lancer style when I was researching it. I probably wouldve been fine just going to dealer but its a pain to go there. I ended up getting a aluminum version and it works great for my silicon hose setup, I definitely recommend mishimoto hoses to go with it over OEM. The problem with plastic is when you try using self tension worm clamps, you risk crushing the plastic because silicone hoses need a lil more torque since they are harder to get a seal due to their stiffness. But thanks! :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clubspecchicago.com sells a powder coated all aluminum one. I bought one myself but haven't installed it yet.
Thank you! I just came across them when I came to check forum lol. Its a good piece, I already installed it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts