Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently broke my transfer case and had a new one put in. Since then, I've been getting a strange creaking noise from the back end of the car. This happens when braking hard (but not under regular braking), or when I'm accelerating in 1st or 2nd gear, right around 3100-3200 rpms. Occasionally, it'll also creak when going around a corner (normal driving speed). It's pretty loud too, and sounds like someone stepping on an old creaky board.

Unfortunately, the local dealership has a reputation for destroying people's cars, so I won't take it there. My local tuner put in the transfer case for me, and when I showed him the new sounds, he didn't really know where to start... maybe the ABS?

Anyone have any ideas?

For the record: 2010 GSR, ~34k miles, moderately modded

·
Registered
456 Posts
if it was only heard after you put the transfer case in it probably has to do with when they put everything back together. i know i drop a portion of the driveshaft, they may have left some of the bolts loose? wouldn't be able to give any more info unless i actually had the car in front of me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.