Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I be concerned with the knock? Seems consistent in the same rpm range. I'll try to do a few more 3rd gear pulls. Should I switch to Stage 1 ACN91 and put in the stock filter?

Map: Stage 2 HKSPF ACN91 LWG

Mods: K&N drop in, 3" catback with HKS Legamax muffler.

Did two 3rd gear pulls at WOT.

Attachments

·
aka MitsuEvoX
1,000 Posts
stage 1 is notorious for more knock. It could be due to the shitty gas you have though. but I don't really know.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
That's not a lot, I only counted max of 3. If it is consistent then just pull 1* timing in that area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

To fix the knock that I consistently have in the 6-7k rpm range, I look at the "ign advance" and change the table below.

Change the 18 to 17, 20 to 19?

SiliconTek can you confirm this for me?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Yeah, but you kind of want to smooth it out as you go. For instance, if 200 load is seeing knock, look at the next load cell higher and lower and make sure it isn't transitioning >3*, this can cause knock readings in itself.

Also, take your Low Detonation map and copy it to your High Detonation map and then select everything from 70 load out to 320 and decrement by one, repeat this process for load 80+ and 90+, effectively lowering your 90+ timing all by 3*. The stock high octane map has some steep transitions and it has been proven to cause issues with how the ECU calculates knock. I used to get all kinds of dirty knock until I did the aforementioned, thanks to HollywoodX for that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts