Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I believe him but why would a dealer even say this?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont think i want to wait that long for an mr,plans were getting one but i'll just pick up a gsr.
You might want to wait. I just got back from the dealer and they had the things marked up by $10k:wtfsign: The EVO X is nice but it isn't $47,695 nice. At that price you can get a BMW 335i which is just as fast. I'm gonna wait it out, but if Mistubishi keeps the prices marked up I wont be getting an X. At $47,000 I'd get a car with a more powerful brand name.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
You might want to wait. I just got back from the dealer and they had the things marked up by $10k:wtfsign: The EVO X is nice but it isn't $47,695 nice. At that price you can get a BMW 335i which is just as fast. I'm gonna wait it out, but if Mistubishi keeps the prices marked up I wont be getting an X. At $47,000 I'd get a car with a more powerful brand name.
I am really temped by the 44k base is350

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
yeah same here i could buy another vehicle with that much my first choice was a gt500 that was until i joined the site.i really dont have any idea anymore.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Where are you located? Have you checked the information on this forum about SocalMitsu? They will ship to you and their prices are well below invoice, even after shipping!

I say get the GSR!

·
Registered
32 Posts
No its not, either in a straight line or round the bends nor does it have AWD.
Maybe in UK, not here. The 335i is a 13,[email protected] car. Faster (not by much) than any GSR I've seen in US magazines. The Evo is faster to 60mph probably because of AWD helping on take off.

It doesn't handle as well around the skidpad, but I'm sure if you ditch the runflats and put some real tires you can close the gap significantly.

The 335Xi does have AWD. :tumbleweed:

Really, for the same price, the 335i is much nicer. STis and Evos used to be much faster than anything in their price range. Not anymore. And the Bimmer is better looking and more luxurious.

·
[Bone Closet Mod], [Marketplace Mod]
1,851 Posts
I am starting to wonder if dealers are saying this to get people on the fence, waiting to get the MR, to just get the GSR.
Do you also enjoy the book "The Catcher In The Rye?" While conspiracy theories are fun, I think they simply jumped the gun on the SST. Who knows, maybe they will release a 5spd MR.

·
[Bone Closet Mod], [Marketplace Mod]
1,851 Posts
I am really temped by the 44k base is350
I agree here and with the BMW comment. The car is in a whole another price bracket. I've been arguing this exact point when such prices were just rumors. A family member of mine just purchased a loaded is350 for 38ish.

Its more about an assessment of your needs... do you plan on modding? Then get the 5spd GSR. Want something quick and nice to roll around in? The is350 wins hands down.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I met with a high ranking representative from Mitsubishi today and he gave me the real deal on what exactly is going on with the MR.

If you go to your local shipping ports, you will find the MRs there. That is how Mike Evanoff and his team of spin doctors out in Cypress were able to get 4 cars out to the South Coast Mitsubishi EvoX meet. The vehicles are awaiting a processor upgrade from Getrag in Germany to make them comply with emissions standards here in the U.S. When word of the transmission being the culprit of the hold-back on the US TC-SST, people feared, en-masse, that the transmission had issues. According to my information, the way in which the transmission software was running, it was affecting the emissions output on the engine, not allowing it to pass emissions testing, which is what is holding it in-port as I write this. A vehicle must pass a barrage of emissions testing in order to comply with EPA/DOT rules here in the U.S. before a vehicle is allowed to get the green light to be distributed to be sold.

Good news is that the first round of testing has been completed and the MR passed with flying colors. The bad news is that the battery of tests is far from over. So it's not Mitsubishi holding up the car, it's the U.S. government, which makes sense with other countries whose emissions testing is no so stringent already welcoming the TC-SST with open arms. Stay tuned for more updates.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.