Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just came back from the dealer after checking out an apex silver gsr w/ sss + aero + navi.. msrp sticker posted $39k for everything, but then the dealer decided to mark-up the price another $6k.. the price was rediculous so i left.. what pisses me off is that i put a deposit down already... so i wanted to ask you guys what your dealer's charged you for your cars and how much the mark-ups were.. i want to know these different prices so i can negociate with the dealer for a more reasonable price cause $45k without tax for this car is a little excesive IMO.. thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
i just came back from the dealer after checking out an apex silver gsr w/ sss + aero + navi.. msrp sticker posted $39k for everything, but then the dealer decided to mark-up the price another $6k.. the price was rediculous so i left.. what pisses me off is that i put a deposit down already... so i wanted to ask you guys what your dealer's charged you for your cars and how much the mark-ups were.. i want to know these different prices so i can negociate with the dealer for a more reasonable price cause $45k without tax for this car is a little excesive IMO.. thanks
Just call a dealer In Chicago, I know they are letting them go for like 1k under msrp so that about $800 over invoice. Its only a few hour drive back to NJ.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dude...Chicago is about 18 hours from Jersey.

@OP - We have a dealer here on the forums selling these things for about $100 over invoice. They're from cali, but they'll ship the car to NJ for $533.

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68

PM them, or call them and tell them you're from the evoxforums
+1 Listen to the captain of this ship! The forum sponsor is selling these things @ INVOICE! $500 to ship ain't nothing and I wouldn't pay one red cent more. Skip out on your dealer and buy one from Cali.

Just a FYI. My local salesman was insistent on MSRP. Kudos to him, he said they wouldn't charge over. But during a call, I mentioned Huntington and he was well aware. Suddenly chit changed and he said he'd do $1500 off MSRP :bowlol: Keep in mind this was on the phone, not in person about to sign the dotted line. These dealers know the state of the economy right now so if they won't give you a good deal then take your business to somebody that will. Who knows, enough referrals from this site and they might do a little extra for us :D

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
They are running a $5k mark up here in Colorado Springs, however because I had my deposit down long before release, I was able to have that voided and ran about $38k out the door.

·
Registered
236 Posts

@OP - We have a dealer here on the forums selling these things for about $100 over invoice. They're from cali, but they'll ship the car to NJ for $533.

I guess that would be a good deal, So with shipping you get it for alittle over $600 over invoice shipped. But then you have to wait a week or 2 to see your car. Plus you dont really get to check out your car in person befor you buy.I dont know how Tax work with buying car out of State, but isnt Cali 8.5% tax, Here in MN we pay 6.5% sale Tax

I got mine for 1k over invoice, But its local, and I just like the idea of seeing my salesman in person.Financing,licence and Title is much easyer to deal with. Plus if any issue does come up doing thing locally give me the sense safety feeling. So if you can find a deal Locally for say $500 over invoice I would jump on it asap.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Dino,
Where in South Jersey are you? I grew up in Monmouth County, family lives in Marlboro.

·
Administrator
24,218 Posts
I guess that would be a good deal, So with shipping you get it for alittle over $600 over invoice shipped.
Exactly. Plus they have a nice selection.

But then you have to wait a week or 2 to see your car.
Yeah, but unless the exact car with the exact options you want is on your local dealer's lot, then either you're waiting for the car your car to be shipped to the dealer, or you have to wait for it to be shipped from cali to you.

Plus you dont really get to check out your car in person befor you buy.
They're all the same.

I dont know how Tax work with buying car out of State, but isnt Cali 8.5% tax, Here in MN we pay 6.5% sale Tax
When you buy a car from out of state, you pay tax on the state you're going to register in.

If you didn't, I'd go to Delaware for my car....0% sales tax!

I got mine for 1k over invoice, But its local, and I just like the idea of seeing my salesman in person.Financing,licence and Title is much easyer to deal with.
$1K over invoice is good.

Plus if any issue does come up doing thing locally give me the sense safety feeling. So if you can find a deal Locally for say $500 over invoice I would jump on it asap.
Agreed, but he can't, so might as well order it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got the dealer to give me msrp price but now theres another problem.. they dont have silver or white w/ sss anywhere around here and they dont know how long it will take for them to find it... that and they swindled me into putting another 2k down.. lol.. the wait continues.. =/

·
Registered
37 Posts
<<Dude...Chicago is about 18 hours from Jersey.>>

Not in an EVO! I've done the south suburbs of Chicago to Central NJ (~785 miles) in 12 hours -- in a '75 Mercury, when the speed limit was still 55....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.