Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the reflash today from the dealer. Now this car has become a fun car to drive. I was beginning to think that, I spent all this money on this supposedly fast car but I will need to spend more to actually feel that. Although the update was mostly to fix the idle problem and high RPM hesitation, it did provide a power increase and the top end isn't useless anymore
. The car is now giving me the satisfaction feeling I should've had since the beginning. I will follow up with any differences I notice in MPG but right now I'm just trying to enjoy the car as much as possible by revving it all the way up to redline, it just feels soooo gooood.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I got mine done on Friday and it actually didn't fix the idle problem. It feels like the power issue may have been solved, but I was driving in heavy traffic to get it done so the butt dyno didn't have an immediate comparison. The dealer is looking into it and will call me back when they know something. Glad to hear yours worked out though!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't say the idle issue is completely gone. It does idle a bit higher and it could move 50 rpm up or down but that's fine with me at least is not like before where it would fluctuate between 300-400 rpm. That was horrible. The hesitation is about 95 percent gone at high rpm it could be because I need to run the car more so that it gets adjusted, I'm not sure. But definitely it did get better on the trip from the dealer to my house. Once I left the dealer the high rpm hesitation was present but barely noticeable. By the time I got home I didn't feel it at all.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I got mine done friday as well. MPG probably has increased about 3 MPG give or take, but the power at the top end is great! You actually want to ring out all the engine has to offer:whipping: instead of shifting at 6 or even earlier haha. The thing really likes to rev now, I LOVE IT.:hump:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You actually want to ring out all the engine has to offer:whipping: instead of shifting at 6 or even earlier haha. The thing really likes to rev now, I LOVE IT.:hump:
I know what you mean man. It feels so good to rev it high and in between shifts the rpm don't drop as fast anymore. This thing is pure fun. I'm going to have to work OT just to pay for extra gas man. I know I'm going to be pushing all the time now.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I know what you mean man. It feels so good to rev it high and in between shifts the rpm don't drop as fast anymore. This thing is pure fun. I'm going to have to work OT just to pay for extra gas man. I know I'm going to be pushing all the time now.

Hahaha I know it was hard to take it easy for a day to see if my MPG changed at all cause for the most part i'm just flooring it.:rock: I actually have confidence now against some of the other cars out there.

·
Registered
567 Posts
No complaints here after the flash'> a rock steady idle, stronger mid/highs and smooth to redline. MPG has gone up...the gauge no longer drops like a rock. I figure once it's tuned right that will go up even higher

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Im out of town, but my wife got the car reflashed....

She writes....

So I got the car back. I can actually tell a bit of a difference. And I opened it up a few times on the HWY and Im excited about the car. :godance:It feels like it has more of a boost. I can hear the swish more too. Maybe its me but I think I can feel the difference. I was at a stoplight in Annapolis and this car of goofy guys pulled up next to me. And one was like WOW did that come from factory like that, I said Yup. He said, even with those Recaro seats. I said Yup. He was like wow. And asked if it was 6 cylinder and I said 4. and he asked about the gas. I said its pretty good for a turbo. It right now has 20MPG that Im averaging. Better than the SRT. Well anyways....
:rock:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I got mine done last Friday and the idle is still a little rough. I'm dropping it off later today and letting them keep it over night. The guy was really cool about it and just wanted to have some more time with the car to try and get it fixed. Mine was the first reflash they had done so I think he's just as interested in getting it right as I am.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I had it done today, the car runs alot smoother and feels alittle more torque. The ideal issue is gone and pulls alot harder top end. The gas i will let u guys know tommorow when i head over to work.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The gas- avg speed 63mph, i was driving between 65 and 70mph
avg MPG 26.1. Alot better than before. Before avg per gallon was 21.4mpg
I live in upstate NY with alot of hills and mountains i believe the mpg would of been alittle better on a even stretch of road.

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
feels smoother for sure. But i dont push my car yet so i cant give you guys a whole feedback yet.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My car is no longer sporatic and jerky under boost any more.
The car used to run like it was never warmed up. It feels very smooth and refined now. This is the first reflash in any of my cars that Ive been able to notice a difference on.

The only problem I have left is second gear being a little slutty. Well, and that my tires are almost gone at 3300 miles.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.