Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is not new news, but does anyone believe that only 500-700 evo x is coming to Canada?

I am a bit skeptical, I mean, it ll be cool, but it wouldn't make much sense on such a hyped up car...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I think that will be it for 2008, but expect more to come in 2009. Remember, they don't have an unlimited supply to just send over to Canada. These will be rare cars in most countries!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was told that the first year will see 500 cars. But then my gf spoke to a guy who seemed on the ball who said that another 200 were allocated to Canada for 08.

Its got to be at least two shipments. The fact that MRs aren't in Canada yet testifies to that.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was told that the first year will see 500 cars. But then my gf spoke to a guy who seemed on the ball who said that another 200 were allocated to Canada for 08.

Its got to be at least two shipments. The fact that MRs aren't in Canada yet testifies to that.
Cool thanks for the info.

If that is true, I guess it is kind of worth it for the extra dough? *shrug*

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I know that the STIs were selling below MSRP to some, but I expect you'll be in tough getting a deal on an Evo X up here in Canada.

I think the Canadian GSR is a little lacking in features compared to the STI, and it would have been nice to have the option of the SSS package as they do in the US, but it is still a good value compared to other cars in Canada. Compared to the USA it is WAY overpriced, but that is our lot in life.

You could wait a year and see if they change the bumper laws allowing us to import Evo's from the US.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nah. I still need to see the car in person. And fortunately, Mitsu and Suby seem to be next to each other at car shows so I can get a good impression side by side..sort of. But if they won't play ball at all, I'll be a Suby owner..again. I'm thinking I may just ask them to procure me a bigger rear wing and throw it in for free and I'll pay the asking price. Because I'm just not sure I can live w that ugly low spoiler..

·
Registered
366 Posts
LowUFO, made a decision yet??? Anyone in Canada seen a registered one (not a demo being test driven) on the road yet?
my local dealer is saying they arrive this Friday... I'll bring my camera with me...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I called Vancouver Mitsu, they said they'd have a black GSR in the showroom tomorrow. But on Saturday I saw a red Evo X GSR in the showroom at Wolfe Mitsubishi in Langley. They are on the ground, go buy one! And then let me know so I can come and show you how to launch it :) :jk:

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I called Vancouver Mitsu, they said they'd have a black GSR in the showroom tomorrow. But on Saturday I saw a red Evo X GSR in the showroom at Wolfe Mitsubishi in Langley. They are on the ground, go buy one! And then let me know so I can come and show you how to launch it :) :jk:
Black? like PB? or tarmac? Oh ya, do you remember if we can get HID with GSR? like the packages with that are available?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm bouncing around like a..well, a rubber ball. I look at that rear bumper and I want to throw up. And I'm not sure it can be removed without having the rear bumper filled, sanded, and painted. At that point, might as well buy a whole new U.S. bumper and have it shipped up..I look at the small rear wing on the GSR and I want to rip it off. I want the high wing that only comes on the MR. They'll prolly tell me they can't get me a high wing..So back to the U.S.
I look at those wheels and think they are nice..for a Civic. So gotta replace them w something badass. Along w the tires-something wider at lleast.
The wheel to fender gap is crazy, but typical for a rally inspired car. So that means lowering springs at least.
The tight fitting windows will be a problem for tint too. I don't want scratches all over the tint..And I have got to have a slight tint. Like 35% sides and back.

I see me not being happy w the car and having to spend a small fortune on getting it the way I like. That bothers me.

On the other hand, I love the performance potential of this car. I love the stock Recaros. I love the front end. I love the rarity this car will have. And I love how badass it can look w some mods.

Choices, choices..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.