Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna buy a clutch tomorrow cuss my evo x is slipping and they recommended an ACT HD clutch but after doing some research they say that ACT is no good at all to go with EXedy. i wanna buy something that i don't wanna regret im not fast all i want it to handle are bolt ons with a lil tune. what should i get then ? thanx

·
Registered
504 Posts
I bought a spec 3+ and it handles like a dream perfect for daily driving and don't need to upgrade slave or master cylinder so far
Im gonna buy a clutch tomorrow cuss my evo x is slipping and they recommended an ACT HD clutch but after doing some research they say that ACT is no good at all to go with EXedy. i wanna buy something that i don't wanna regret im not fast all i want it to handle are bolt ons with a lil tune. what should i get then ? thanx

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I bought a spec 3+ and it handles like a dream perfect for daily driving and don't need to upgrade slave or master cylinder so far
I had spec stage2 went to Spec stage 3+ with the stroked motor :)

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
ACT HD clutch has been recommended by Mitsu, Cobb Socal, and my race instructor friend...just got mine installed by my Mitsu dealer and so far so good. Heard great feedback about this clutch and I recommend it. GL!

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
There is nothing wrong with ACT clutches. Clutchmasters is good also. Just make sure you get the right clutch for your use and you'll be happy.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i have act 6 puck and have no issues at all. highly recommended by everyone i have talked to.

·
Registered
456 Posts
still undecided myself on a clutch, im between the ACT and the Competition Clutch, ran the Competition kit on my last car, stage 2+, and really liked it. don't know how it is on the evo x. ACT HDSS seems to hold a good amount of torque, but again i havent talked to anyone who has one

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Spec 2+. It takes all the beating I give it. I have over 50 launches and she still holds like day 1.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have an ACT but I've used Spec before in other cars. Both are good, but from personal experience, Spec has no customer service at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Act or Exedy are the only two companies I would put in my personal car.

This!

Exedy will hold a ton of power and drive VERY smooth.

·
Premium Member
11,760 Posts
Clutchmasters and Exedy would be my ONLY recommendations. Which variety you get really depends on how deep your pockets are!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts