get AP from Perrin (stage 1) $600
Comes with:
Ap
Perrin Panel Filter
Perrin's tune for that filter

Option 2:
Used AP $450ish
go straight to stage 2 (no mods so far)

does anyone have any input on the Perrin Stage1 deal they offer?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Option 3

Buy used AP for 450 and a custom tune for 250 - 300 and call it a day

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, im 100% stock, and dont plan on paying for a pro-tune till a lil later down the road when im starting to settle down on the mods ;)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Option 2. If your getting mods (which I'm assuming is going to be full bolt ons) then its best to just get an AP and use OTS maps until you have enough mods for a protune. Doing option 1 is ideal if your ONLY going to be doing that to your car, otherwise its a waste because you'll most likely change the stock intake and you'll most likely get a protune so the only thing your really going to "use" is the AP.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got the AP just for the stock OTS map at 93 octane, made quite a bit of difference. Then went the Injen intake route since they have maps for that as well and the car is night and day different from stock. I'm pretty happy with what I have now, though the itch to mod never goes away once you start.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up goin with a used AP (Perrin stage 1 package).

I would have gone ams DP, but ima end up needing wheels/tires before then. So i will be stage 1 for a while, at least try n maintain the "stockness" incase i need to make a trip to the stealership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts