Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering about these FMICs, I don't know what core they have - do they have the same core as the AGP/AMS/ETS Intercoolers? I did some searching on google and these forums but can't seem to find an answer to this question. Anyone know?

·
Registered
172 Posts
quote from [email protected] that I dug up:

"Some chinese heat exchange company you have never heard of, They only make heat exchangers, many different models for a variety of different automobiles and equipment. The problem with poor functioning ebay intercoolers that gave a bad name was that companies not in the business of producing heat exchangers started making things that look like intercoolers but are not designed correct and dont use the correct metals to disperse heat. Some didnt even have fins in the bars that the air travels through!!! Crazy. That is why over the time you have seen lowcost aftermarket ones perform just as well as AMS and others, on the Early Evo's and SRT-4 but also some that hold heat and dont work as well. Thanks"

4,802 Posts
Heys whats up, I know about these intercoolers,lol, I dont know what cores the other guys use, I use a heat exchange company that makes them for other big name companies also. I'm sure if you do some searching you will find many threads on here and the other evo forum about my intercooler. I've sold over 50 on this forum alone, Its broke 500 whp on a fpblack. thanks Tim

4,802 Posts
quote from [email protected] that I dug up:

"Some chinese heat exchange company you have never heard of, They only make heat exchangers, many different models for a variety of different automobiles and equipment. The problem with poor functioning ebay intercoolers that gave a bad name was that companies not in the business of producing heat exchangers started making things that look like intercoolers but are not designed correct and dont use the correct metals to disperse heat. Some didnt even have fins in the bars that the air travels through!!! Crazy. That is why over the time you have seen lowcost aftermarket ones perform just as well as AMS and others, on the Early Evo's and SRT-4 but also some that hold heat and dont work as well. Thanks"
thats actually me answering your's or someones question about why ebay intercoolers have a bad name. wow i really took some time out for you.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Turbo Xs exhaust and I like the sound, I also don't think it's the cheapest, I have heard of others. Turbo Xs is a quieter exhaust with a deep growl, it's not too menacing.

As for [email protected] thanks for your honesty about this issue. I think it would be great to find out what type of core it was - even it if meant cutting one open to compare to another, so that some of us could know and could have some peace of mind. I'm sure the FMIC is good up to plenty of HP, but it would also be nice to know what type of core it has. Anyways, thanks for your reply, I'm going to have to decide on Depot Racing or AGP, not sure which yet :p

·
Registered
338 Posts
Maybe cut open someone elses and see if its as good as mine.;)
no disrespect but that is a foolish and ignorant comment! You are new in the market and competing with other big brands out there. So, you need to take the extra step and earn people's trust and clear the question marks for potential customers like HappyMint

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'll be purchasing this FMIC very soon. So far I have Tim's UICP, turbo inlet, and test pipe and I'm very happy with them. He sells a good product for a fair price.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I recently purchased a FMIC from Tim and have been very happy with it thus far. Fitment is right on. I installed my in about 30 minutes with no issues.

I improved my 1/4 mile time from a 13.2 to a 12.3 with the help of a new clutch and the FMIC.

Thanks TIM.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
no disrespect but that is a foolish and ignorant comment! You are new in the market and competing with other big brands out there. So, you need to take the extra step and earn people's trust and clear the question marks for potential customers like HappyMint
Fail. Lots of people here HAVE Tim's stuff and are quite happy. I have no qualms about ordering his products, and plan to do so when the mod time comes.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I recently purchased a FMIC from Tim and have been very happy with it thus far. Fitment is right on. I installed my in about 30 minutes with no issues.

I improved my 1/4 mile time from a 13.2 to a 12.3 with the help of a new clutch and the FMIC.

Thanks TIM.
Wow that's HUGE....congrats!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Be careful guys, there are a lot of chinese companies selling radiators as intercoolers. Water does not equal air!!!
I want to clarify that this is B.S. and probably another account by someone who has interest in people losing trust in Tim's product. This is not the case, and it is well documented that Tims intercoolers work. I shouldn't have to do this, but I know there are **some** people who might take this seriously and I want to nip it in the bud asap :duh:

Nevertheless, it was never a question of fitment or whether or not it works, it's a question of what type of core is used. I never doubted that this FMIC would work, I just wondered what type of core it has, which, ultimately, affects overall possible performance. Does that mean I could notice or dyno the difference between two - maybe, but also maybe not, it's always good to know as much as you can before you buy a product.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts