Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Rejected Merchant Applicant
163 Posts
i've heard rumors of several MRs tuned by ******* with over 500 whp on stock clutches way way before your car had over 500. no one talks about those and i cant verify that so its just a rumor.
My 2008 Evo X MR was the first MR over 500 whp...anywhere....period. And I then re-set the record by making 539 whp/406 wtq. I have the dyno charts, threads, and videos to prove it.

The company ****** we actually helped and were a part of that build. The car did end up making 513 whp on stock clutches (with SSP fluid, fmtc, and pan) but you can very clearly hear the OEM clutches slipping on the record setting dyno run. And they even posted up the clutches weren't holding and they needed to upgrade to the SSP ones right away.

It's NOT about how much power the stock clutches can hold....it's about HOW long they can hold it. Unless your car's ONLY going for a dyno pull number, and never driven again, sure the stock clutches might last one or two pulls at 500 whp.

The rumors are infact true bradze. I made 513whp and 547whp on two different MR's both on stock clutches, stock bottom end, and 93 octane.

513whp was made with an Ets 3586 .82 Turbo Kit @ 28.5psi and 547whp was made with an Ets 6262 (Journal Bearing) .82 Turbo Kit @ 30psi and yes, SSP was the "First" to make over 500whp in an MR but I was the "First" to make over 500whp with:

- Stock Clutches
- Stock Bottom End
- 93 Octane Pump Gas Only

Dyno Video of 513whp-stock clutches:

*NOTE:* The above MR was built/tuned on 9/15/2010 and has 1.5 years and 22,000k hard miles on the stock clutches/bottom end and still is today.

Dyno Video of 547whp-stock clutches:

*NOTE:* The above MR was built/tuned on 7/14/2011 and still does NOT require upgraded clutches.

From my experience, SSP's: Transmission Cooler/Pump Kit, Deep Pan, and Pro Gold Transmission Fluid is a MUST have for anyone wanting to be in the 450-550whp range both safely and reliably on the stock clutch packs.

I am now presently building a 2010 MR that will be needing upgraded clutch packs. Ordered earlier today was SSP's "Titan Series" Stage 3 Package which includes their 600hp clutch packs. Horsepower goal is 700whp+ on a fully built 2.0, Ets 6266 Turbo Kit, and 110 Octane so I will be sure to start a new thread with exclusive pics and videos of the progress from start to finish.

Thanks.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,287 Posts
I do not like rumors so I posted some factual information that backed up those rumors.
I mean I see you guys trying to save face but I think its gonna take a lot more than just "hey look what we did" threads. I personally have never had experience with you, but the people who have had experience are extremely pissed off because of what you did / have done. I think first you need to start making right with them, then think of something more clever than a couple threads posting up results.

Im not trying to bash you or be mean so don't take it that way, just saying to save your DG name is gonna take more than just posting results.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I do not know of the apparent drama before this, but congrats on your dyno numbers and I hope the reliability of the car continues.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,918 Posts

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Oh look it's DG Motors again. I love when you post here, because it gives us accurate information for our "Tuner Death Pool" so far you've beaten out roughly 43% of people's expectations of how long you'll be in business with your bad tuning and horrible business practices. It's early in 2012 though!

You're an idiot for posting about the car on stock clutches at 513WHP with a stock bottom end. It shows that you dont give two shits about your cockwaving customers or their cars. That car is a ticking time bomb and NO tuner would agree to run a customer's car with that much power on stock internals and with the stock clutches unless they were high off the exhaust fumes from the dyno.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.