Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
24,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the fluid and amount of fluid we need for the transfer case and the rear diff?

It looks like PN 3775610 - GL-5 90w LSD Oil.

It also MIGHT be Dia-Queen New Multi-Gear Oil: GL-3 Transmission fluid. PN MZ313501.

I can't find the quantity needed though.

·
aka mrubino83
4,161 Posts
Capacities:

Dino-

Transfer Fluid: 0.9 Qts (Diaqueen LSD Gear Oil)

Rear Diff (differential Mechanism Part): Roughly 0.6 Qts (Same Fluid: Diaqueen LSD Gear Oil)

This is according to the Mitsu Service Manual.

Total: Roughly 1.5 Qts of LSD gear oil needed for the T-case and rear diff.

Question is: Are we stuck using Diaqueen factory fluids only for this? Or is there a better alternative?

All Factory fluids can be found here:

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catalog/?section=575

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
CAPACITIES:
Engine, without filter..........5.1 quarts [1]
Cooling System, Initial Fill..........7.4 quarts
AMSOIL Antifreeze and Engine Coolant
Manual Transmission, W6DGA 6-SPD..........15.9 pints
Manual Transmission, W5M6A 5-SPD..........5.3 pints
Differential, Torq Mechanism Rear..........1.1 pints
Differential, AYC Dif. Mechan Rear..........1.1 pints
Transfer Case, ..........2 pints

AMSOIL website and enter a car into your garage it will give the values and specs

·
aka mrubino83
4,161 Posts
CAPACITIES:
Engine, without filter..........5.1 quarts [1]
Cooling System, Initial Fill..........7.4 quarts
AMSOIL Antifreeze and Engine Coolant
Manual Transmission, W6DGA 6-SPD..........15.9 pints
Manual Transmission, W5M6A 5-SPD..........5.3 pints
Differential, Torq Mechanism Rear..........1.1 pints
Differential, AYC Dif. Mechan Rear..........1.1 pints
Transfer Case, ..........2 pints

AMSOIL website and enter a car into your garage it will give the values and specs
Thanks Hollywood. Have you heard of anyone using anything other than Diaqueen for the t-case and rear diff? From what I have read, that is the only fluid that is supposed to go in there.

How about something like this?

or this:

instead of Diaqueen?

·
Administrator
24,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, so Diaqueen LSD Gear Oil for the transfer case and rear diff. 1 quart.

5 speed Manual Transmission - 2.6 Quarts? That's not much at all. Then again, when I drained mine, I probably only had a pint or so in there. I'm going to try to run some Neo transmission oil in there. I've had good luck with that stuff in the Mazdas...even better than Redline.

·
Registered
654 Posts
i just put in motul 90pa in the tcase and rear diff mechanical part. dunno how well it'll do but the car feels good. I also used the redline cocktail in the trans and that feels good right now too. I like it more than amsoil so far in the trans.

The amsoil stuff did a good job in protecting the gearbox/diff for the 13/14k miles i used it. very little wear metals in the drain plugs. of course this is compared to when i first swapped out the fluids at 6k after break in so naturally there would be a lot of wear metal in the oil. the real test will be to see after i've put some miles on the oil and see what it's like when i change it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ok my car just clicked over to 36k and it's time to redo all the fluids (I just became the owner of the car). I want to get this straight before I screw it up.

Engine Oil- ~5.5qt. w/ filter- 5w30 (will use mobil 1?)

Manual Transmission *5sp*- ~2.6qt. (will use http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mtg.aspx)

Transfer Case + Rear Diff- .9qt on the Tcase, .6qt on the Rear Diff. No idea what to buy, I just know I'm not buying a GALLON of that DIAQueen stuff. What else is out there...?

Forgive any of my ignorances. The car didn't come with a manual and I've never owned an AWD car...this whole rear diff/tcase shindig is new to me...

:dancebanana: omg it's a banana

·
Registered
477 Posts
And also, what are the intervals...? I'm assuming the engine is 3-5k like most modern day vehicles....but I have no clue on the trans/diff/tcase. I'm assuming it's 30k...but I see some people doing it every 15....20....

:tmyk:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I run motule in the engine 10W40, year round.

redline cocktail in the transmission 2 MTL 1 MT90

factory fluids elsewhere

1 - 20 of 20 Posts