Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Would anyone please share their experience of running in the hills with ASC on and off?

I have only driven Evo X GSR, so I'm not sure about the other generations of evo and their ASC. My friend told me that single press the ASC off button to turn off stability control can improve the driving experience/performance (at least feels like) while running in the hills. I used to keep ASC on, but I recently tried to turn it off and it did feel better. In terms of 'better', I mean that the run was more smooth during the corners larger than 90 degrees. It seemed to keep more power and easier to accelerate during and when getting out of the turn. Also, it seemed the turns were not that sharp anymore comparing with ASC on, which should be expected I suppose. Also, when moving off in a straight line (quickly start to move, not launch), with ASC off, it's smoother and quicker.

Does anyone have similar feelings? If what I felt was correct, should I turn off ASC every time when I get into my car? Is there anyone who keep ASC off during daily driving?

Thank you!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Go to the loose surface road like gravel or snow andyou can understand how the system works. ASC off not cut engine power but will still use individual wheel braking aid and keep the car in line. Off off switch off braking aid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts