Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I really want to find out just how much the US bumper beams weigh, there's ~200 lb difference between the JDM and ASpec model.
I read somewhere that its about a 100lb+ difference; don't know how true that is though.

Also the USDM has side airbags as standard, JDM is optional, same with the fog lights.

I'm not positive but I think saw that the Gas tank is 12.5 Gallons for the JDM and 14.5 USDM.

·
Registered
461 Posts
JDM has not such thing as MR, it's either GSR or RS.
GSR you can choose all options including 5MT or SST.
The RS has no A/C, no Recaro's, smaller brakes, 16 inch wheels, and no rear wing.

Also note that the JDM Evo's are premium gas only and Japanese premium gas is anywhere from 97-100 octane. For this reason, the ECU maybe configured differently than the USDM.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I've been on a necro spree lately but I don't want to start a new thread for this

Does that mean that stock injectors and pump are sufficient enough for 100+ octane/race gas?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Wanted to make sure because I'm getting tuned for 100 since tracks don't have e and I don't want to carry jugs with me.
Ask your tuner to be sure as well. If you have injectors for e85 I am pretty sure you're fine for 100 octane.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've been on a necro spree lately but I don't want to start a new thread for this

Does that mean that stock injectors and pump are sufficient enough for 100+ octane/race gas?
Japanese rated 100 octane is RON... So like your equivalent of ~94.

We mainly have 98ron in Australia as a premium fuel. With very few 100ron octane options... Although the 100 stuff is just 98 with 10% ethanol...

Cheers

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Race gas is still gasoline, you don't need a larger fuel system in order to run it like you do for ethanol, as ethanol requires more flow. Thats not saying you don't need a bigger fuel system but that depends on your fuel flow requirements and power level.

You can run any unleaded race fuel in your stock fuel system, You will need to be tuned for it.

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
besides written above one explanation why is heavier the US vs the EU or JDM is not just a heavier rear bumper support ( for safety regulations for USA) but we do have a spare wheel and tools in the trunk, They don't.
The US spare wheel wont fit on the front by the way... so you have to change two wheels at once if if you get a flat at front.
They do have a Spray to fill the flat tire until you get to the next dealer to fix it.

its kind of interesting read how some EU guy put spare wheels or tires in they trunk in case of getting flat :)

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=448890

so we might be heavier but i think for a better reason the just a heavier rear bumper guard.

:)

PS: my first mod all the time to get rid of the spare wheel.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Race gas is still gasoline, you don't need a larger fuel system in order to run it like you do for ethanol, as ethanol requires more flow. Thats not saying you don't need a bigger fuel system but that depends on your fuel flow requirements and power level.

You can run any unleaded race fuel in your stock fuel system, You will need to be tuned for it.
Okay, I see. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.