Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made it my mission to drive around aimlessly all week. I picked my car up Monday afternoon and finished breaking it in on the way to the dyno. The dyno operator was the first person to take it to redline @ WOT. B1GHAM and SpicyMchaggis helped me break it in this weekend while driving to random White Castles in NJ at hours that attract drunken sistas who were hoping that I was on the menu.

The Dyno was an AWD DynoJet @ Precision Tuning in NJ. We strapped down and did 3 pulls.

Here are the results in raw, uncorrected dyno numbers:

Run 1 - Bone stock - 258hp / 291tq
Run 1 - Bone stock - 258hp / 284tq
Run 1 - Cone filter - 239hp / 272tq

The dyno showed a significant loss of power with the cone filter mod. However, to be fair, we didn't give the ECU any time to learn, and we suspect that's why. I can say that on the street when I did some WOT pulls, it definitely felt quicker with the cone filter. I'll have to do more testing to figure this one out.

If you think my dyno numbers look high, that's because they were NOT SAE corrected. Here they are with SAE correction:

Here are the dyno pulls that you can download and manipulate with the WinPEP software:

http://www.evoxforums.com/dino/evo_x/Dyno/4-26-2008/RunFile_001.drf
http://www.evoxforums.com/dino/evo_x/Dyno/4-26-2008/RunFile_002.drf
http://www.evoxforums.com/dino/evo_x/Dyno/4-26-2008/RunFile_003.drf

I have videos of the pulls, but the camera is at home, so that will be posted later.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Congrats on your X purchase dino! Welcome to the club! BTW, I've heard that the cone filters mess with the maf in many different tests so far, the inverted funnel types being the worst. Let me know what you find out...

·
Registered
375 Posts
amazing, 95% of advertised flywheel torque gets to the wheels. I am impressed with the transaxle and transfer case on this thing.
I hope I get better results out of my CAI though, according to the link above I should be good with the K&N cone.

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, the cone filter thing is iffy. I almost want to say that it's worthwhile if you're not flashed but if you are it's bad. But like I said, I have to test and see.

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So will the Cone Filter Mod DECREASE power or was that just a problem with the ECU not learning fast enough? Did you disconnect and reconnect the battery?

I think the ECU didn't get to learn fast enough. We did not disconnect the battery. I'm going to have to do more testing to get a better answer.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
thanks for the numbers Dino. Will be interesting when you do go to your next dyno after the relearning.

·
Registered
273 Posts
my car on the same dyno

·
Registered
137 Posts
I must say, those are impressive numbers of power and torque at the wheels, for a bone stock standard Evo 10, it appears as usual, the factory flywheel qouted numbers are well under what they actually are :)

Having more recently read up on modded Evo 10's going over 300kw, it seems the 4B11T is one heck of a donk...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.