Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Vendor
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Looking to add a fresh look to your Mitsubishi Evolution's interior? Diode Dynamics' Footwell LED kits are the way to do it! By adding Diode Dynamics' LED strips under your dash, you can add a lot to the look of your Evo X.

Diode Dynamics has been producing and designing easy-to-install LED kits for nearly a decade, and this kit is no exception. We have designed LED strips to be used in this kit, which are highly flexible, IP67-waterproof, and long-lasting. This kit also uses our RGB Multi-color products, which are controlled by the included remote! You can change the color to fit your mood, or adjust the brightness to your preferred settings.

Included in the kit:
  • 2 (two) 30-5050 SMD Strips (flexible and IP67 waterproof)
  • Wiring harness for easy installation
  • 2 (two) quick-splices for installation
  • LED Toggle switch in your choice of LED color
  • RGB Controller Box with RF controller and 4 outputs
  • Optional* Remote Control (choose Standard or upgrade to Bluetooth or WiFi)
  • 4 (four) zip-ties and 3M outdoor adhesive pads for mounting strips
  • Three-year Diode Dynamics worry-free limited warranty
  • 30-day satisfaction guarantee
Also included with rear footwell option:

• 2 (two) additional 30-5050 SMD Strips (flexible and waterproof)
  • 2 (two) 3-meter (ten-foot) extension wires
  • Additional zip-ties and adhesive pads

Any questions email us at [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Can you post a picture of the kit itself?

·
Vendor
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
aka 1990ggsxnj
933 Posts
Yes, you can wire them to come on and off with the dome light. They will fade on and off the same way the factory lighting does.

It makes the installation more involved, but it can be done

Nick C.
Would the controller still be used in that case for the multi-color or can it be eliminated somehow and installed similarly to the single color (which doesn't use the controller)?

·
Vendor
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would the controller still be used in that case for the multi-color or can it be eliminated somehow and installed similarly to the single color (which doesn't use the controller)?
The Multicolor requires the controller to power the strips. If the dome light is on, you'll be able to change the colors like normal, (when it's receiving current) if you tap into that source.

Feel free to give us a call and we can give you more information about the installation: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Rice-O-Rama
I like my rice lol. There actually is a factory option footwell and dash trim lighting kit that was available in japan. I got in on my car about 3 years ago, its nice having the footwells come on only when the door is open.

Theres also all the ricers with too agressive top aero without the underbody aero to match.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not usually a fan of interior lighting, but this is kinda cool. Probably will still opt out of installing them on my car.

·
Vendor
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not usually a fan of interior lighting, but this is kinda cool. Probably will still opt out of installing them on my car.
It's a quick upgrade that adds a unique look to the footwell area

Not for everyone, but it's a cool upgrade

Thanks for checking it out

Nick C.

·
Registered
14 Posts
These are cool, been looking for something to spice up the inside a bit more.

Not a bad price either.

I gotta check out the wiring options, I'd want these to go on instead of the dome light. Might be a pain to do.

·
Vendor
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These are cool, been looking for something to spice up the inside a bit more.

Not a bad price either.

I gotta check out the wiring options, I'd want these to go on instead of the dome light. Might be a pain to do.
It can be done, but we don't have vehicle-specific instructions on wiring them to come on/off with the dome lighting

Nick C.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Placed my order yesterday, can't wait ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Post pictures for us when you get a chance!

Nick C.
Product:
Diode Dynamics LED Multicolor Footwell Kit ( http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/led-bulbs/led-strip-accent-kits/footwell-kits/rgb-multicolor-diode-dynamics-footwell-led-kit)

Configuration/Price:
RGB Footwell Kit ($40)
Rear Footwell LED Addon Strip Kit ($25)
Bluetooth RBG Controller ($60)

Pictures:

General Information:
Footwell Lighting....

Brightness:
The first picture is where I keep it. Just felt obligated to put the others because I don't want people to get the idea that it's not that bright (if that's your thing). They get very bright. I'm just more of a fan of the low subtle lighting so I keep mine low (once again personal preference).

Installation:
I got the addon for the rear seats as well. Very very simple installation, I did it roughly in about 8 minutes, and that's coming from a person who installed his testpipe backwards.

Remote:
Got the Bluetooth remote, which is really nice. Change color setting using color wheel. You can save presets. There's a pretty detailed scripting system built in that you can configure lighting sequences. You can also have it beat with the music whether preloaded or reactive to any music.

Pros:
+ Bright
+ Tons of Options
+ East Installation

Cons:
While I'm at shows people typically ask me to have my car on because they want to hear the lope of the cams which is fine. I typically park next to my friend who I had aspirations of annoying him by putting on the sound reactive option and playing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKA0GUJ3E2g

but alas even with the lowest sensitivity and the phone right next to the speaker, it is still constantly on due to the exhaust (Full Straightpipe, ETS Testpipe, ETS Extreme Catback) So I guess it's more of a setup issue, so you might not run into that situation, just figured I'd point that out in case you also had aspirations of annoying your friends.

This was not meant to be a formal review obviously, else I would have included more pics/video. I literally put this together in the span of 4 minutes, and half of that was uploading the pics. If you have any questions feel free to PM.

BTW: That's the DiodeDynamic Map Lights. Classy Bright white looking.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts