Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Vendor
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Research Automotive Lighting

At Diode Dynamics, we want our fellow Mitsubishi Evo X enthusiasts to be educated on automotive lighting products, so that they know they are purchasing the best products on the market. We have devoted this portion of our website to doing just that. Here you'll find information on different automotive lighting technologies, how they work and common misconceptions you'll see while shopping for your vehicle. We hope you enjoy learning all about lighting!

Any questions? Email us at [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Vendor
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would be the best way to get angel eyes on an evo?
You will have to put the housings in an oven, heat them up, separate the lens, mount the rings using a small amount of clear adhesive, and re-seal them using automotive rubber butyl

We will have a DIY in the future, along with an EvoX specific halo kit :thumbup:

Nick C.

·
Vendor
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have LED low beam lights for the 2013 EVO X GSR with SSS package. The ebay ones I had stopped working after a week
LEDs have come a long way in the past few years, but there currently aren't any designs out there that will be as reliable as a quality HID conversion kit, while still providing enough usable light output.

Most of the options out there have a cooling fan, which typically fails within the first few weeks. Also, the vendors selling these LED low-beam replacements market them with absurd lumen output ratings. I've seen a vendor claim 9,000 lumens from an LED low-beam replacement (OEM HIDs produce around 3,200 lumens).

We are working on a few designs for LED low-beams, but stick with a quality HID conversion kit

Check out our research section if you would like to learn more about lighting: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/research.html

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
197 Posts
LEDs have come a long way in the past few years, but there currently aren't any designs out there that will be as reliable as a quality HID conversion kit, while still providing enough usable light output.

Most of the options out there have a cooling fan, which typically fails within the first few weeks. Also, the vendors selling these LED low-beam replacements market them with absurd lumen output ratings. I've seen a vendor claim 9,000 lumens from an LED low-beam replacement (OEM HIDs produce around 3,200 lumens).

We are working on a few designs for LED low-beams, but stick with a quality HID conversion kit

Check out our research section if you would like to learn more about lighting: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/research.html

Thanks!
Nick C.
Sorry I meant daytime running lamps in LED :nerd:

·
Vendor
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sorry I meant daytime running lamps in LED :nerd:
We've had a local customer install our LEDs in his DRL location, but it may require slight modifications IIRC

I will have more information on them soon once we get another Evo X in our new studio for comparison shots

Nick C.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
We've had a local customer install our LEDs in his DRL location, but it may require slight modifications IIRC

I will have more information on them soon once we get another Evo X in our new studio for comparison shots

Nick C.
What slight modifications are we talking about, I need to replace my DRL harnesses anyway. Could you let me know here or PM me. I am interested in running your guys DRL's.

·
Vendor
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What slight modifications are we talking about, I need to replace my DRL harnesses anyway. Could you let me know here or PM me. I am interested in running your guys DRL's.
Apparently the connector just needed to be re-pinned. We will have a write up once we get another Evo X in

Nick C.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

·
Vendor
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Want to replace interior lights with led also the light in my trunk. What would the price on that be.
We have different bulb models available for each location for a level of brightness that fits the look you are going for.

The pricing depends on which bulbs you select, but ships free if you send us a PM or mention that you are on the EvoX forum (U.S. members only)

Feel free to give us a call for more information or opinions: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Apparently the connector just needed to be re-pinned. We will have a write up once we get another Evo X in

Nick C.
any updates on this? I heard the 2013-up have reversed polarities on the DRL for the factpry HIDs. that's why a DRL LED I had for my 2008 doesn't work for my 2013.

·
Vendor
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any updates on this? I heard the 2013-up have reversed polarities on the DRL for the factpry HIDs. that's why a DRL LED I had for my 2008 doesn't work for my 2013.
Just need to get a 2013+ in for testing here in St. Louis

Still searching for a vehicle to test

Nick C.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Hey I'm looking for a 6000k hid kit for my 2014 gsr. Do you guys offer a kit? If so could you please pm me a price?

·
Vendor
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will it work in a halogen headlight housing?
It will physically operate, yes. The focal point and light distribution will not be quite the same as a halogen bulb, resulting in a slightly increased level of glare, just like any other HID conversion kit. For most people, it's quite acceptable, especially in newer headlights. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts