Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was just checking out the Mitsu website to see what a 2015 EvoMR has feature-wise, and was surprised to see no mention of the kickass Recaro seats my 2011 has.

When did they drop those seats?

Are the only options now the plain cloth seats, or the full-leather seats from the Touring package? And neither are Recaro?

:wtfsign:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've noticed you have 1,000 posts so you're quite active on here. The 2015 DO NOT come with the Recaros seats.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Check out how few of those posts were made in the past year. ;)

So is 2015 the first year without the Recaros? And why that change? It's one of the things I like most about my Evo and they get a lot of compliments from passengers, too.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
2015 federal safety requirements meant Mitsu would have to redesign the seats and then pay for them to be recertified. Since 2015 is the last year for the X, they didn't feel like paying for it

·
[Administrator]
3,246 Posts
Didn't read anything posted. What's this about?
2015 USDM X's won't have the awesome Recaros. Just the standard lancer seats:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can they be bought new from Recaro somehow? Wonder how much they charge for a pair of them. Imagine some 2015 owners might go that route, as those stock Lancer seats are pretty lame.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Can they be bought new from Recaro somehow? Wonder how much they charge for a pair of them. Imagine some 2015 owners might go that route, as those stock Lancer seats are pretty lame.

For real, even my 09 Ralliart seats look better than those! I know from time to time you can find people selling their Recaro's on here. I'm guessing they'll be bumping up the price on those though.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
If I were to buy a 15' first thing id do is swap to recaros and change the shitty new side mirrors to the normal ones lol

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
If I were to buy a 15' first thing id do is swap to recaros and change the shitty new side mirrors to the normal ones lol
The new side mirrors have the side marker turn signals integrated into them. I don't think they look so bad. I just don't like the ugly fake chrome vent they put in place of the old side markers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like the side mirrors. I found a set of leather heated seats out of an older model for $2500. Mitsubishi wanted $4000 each. I've tried contacting recaro direct through email twice now. They won't respond.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Lame seats and no price decrease on the car

1 - 20 of 22 Posts